In my opinion that is a definite yes.

3D clouds and fog and the cockpitshadows make it 100% worth it in my opinion.

Be aware that not all addons you got in FSX also work in Prepar3Dv2 though.

If you want to fly PMDGs you need to buy new licenses, for others you may miss lights.

• Deputy Sheriffs

I have it and it looks great but if it's worth it I don't know ... I said when P3D came out that I wouldn't get it untill it's a 64bit sim. I managed to hold on to that untill V2 came out.

P3D is better than FSX in many respects, lighting, scenery and textures. But AES does not work in P3D and I miss having all the jetways working. It isn't perfect and I still get some CTDs and other issues but I'm glad I made the move. At least it is supported and updated which FSX isn't.

I would love to use P3D but I get Fatal Error when it loads. Despite posting on the LM forum on and off since last year I've had no usable advice, and very few responses.

Rob.

Unfortunatly we can't really help you with that Rob. I had very good experiences with Lookheeds support. Maybe you should try it again and there was just some miscommunication between you and the staff.

If you do not get answers probably a PM to one of the staffmembers may help advising them of your problems.

I know myself how easy it can be to miss a topic in a forums that is so active as theirs.

• 2 weeks later...

I would love to use P3D but I get Fatal Error when it loads. Despite posting on the LM forum on and off since last year I've had no usable advice, and very few responses.

Rob.

Success. Found by a user on the P3D forum: My third monitor is VGA - it is this that causes P3D to crash. Disconnect it and all is well. If I start the sim with the VGA monitor disconnected and then connect it later, the sim will crash after a minute or two, so there's no doubt that is the cause. This didn't happen with v2.4, and of course I've never had the chance to use v2.5 until now. This may only happen with a few users, but for two of us at least, VGA is the culprit.

Rob.

Archived