Panel state suggestion regarding XPDR

darem

I would like to suggest that when you switch from one panel state to another (for example from taxi to takeoff), the XPDR value doesn't change.

This would be very helpful with programs like Radar Contact or Pro Flight Emulator.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Darem,

the various panel states are completely independent and have to include an transponder value. On the other hand it is not common and SOP to switch panel states in between a flight preparation......also the project is nearly claosed.....

Regards,

Rolf

Thanks, Rolf. I know all of that. My proposal was because I am a lazy person, and I switch panel states between C&D, before taxi and takeoff in order to get into the air quickly - it's the closest to do a CTRL+E in a standard plane :-). The transponder is set when you contact ground for th3e first time, and I thought it would be nice to keep it.

But never mind, I fully understand your point and am happy with how things are. :-)

• Deputy Sheriffs

Thanks, Rolf. I know all of that. My proposal was because I am a lazy person, and I switch panel states between C&D, before taxi and takeoff in order to get into the air quickly - it's the closest to do a CTRL+E in a standard plane :-). The transponder is set when you contact ground for th3e first time, and I thought it would be nice to keep it.

But never mind, I fully understand your point and am happy with how things are. :-)

Hi Bernard,

OK, But if you are lazy why not use the TAKEOFF STATE or let the Co-Pilot do the work when using other states.....

Regards,

Rolf

Archived