FDC Cockpit

evert

• Root Admin

Hi,

If you have the Version 3.0 already used, please try the program update function (update button of the fdc..).

The version 3.0 will then check for updates automatically..

Andreas

Please explain me where I can find this update button. For some reason I cannot find it.

Bottom left corner. The only problem is that it shows the update and it seems to download, but I can't seem to load the update! :cry:

This has been covered on our support forum:-

http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho...s&forum=138

Here's the exact details:-

A new update (version 3.5) has just been made available. If you're currently using version 3.3 or later (which you certainly should be) and have the auto-updates set to detect updates automatically you should get the updates next time you run FDC. If you chose not to use this automatic feature then please use the UPDATES button from the main menu.

Details about this update can be found by using the direct link shown below or by using the DETAILS button from the 'new updates' display you will see when updates are detected.

http://www.oncourse-software.co.uk/updates...c_patch_3-5.pdf

If you're one of those having problems using the auto-updates function you may update to version 3.5 by following these instructions:-

Once you've updated to version 3.5 your update problems should be a thing of the past.

Please download the following file:-

http://www.oncourse-software.co.uk/updates...3-5_updates.zip

Ensure FDC is not running then unzip both the files into your main FDC folder, overwriting the ones already there.

Updating directly to 3.5 is fine as the changes are cumulative.

IMPORTANT

If your version of FDC is earlier than 3.3 (this does NOT include version 1.0 users!) you must first download and install the following update (by following the install instructions in the included documentation)...

http://www.oncourse-software.co.uk/downloads/fdc_3-2.zip

...this will update you to 3.2 and then use the UPDATES button to update automatically to version 3.5

Any version earlier than 3.5 will NOT work with FSX

Well, for what ever reason, my version still says 3.0.3, it doesn't want to update no matter what I try. I see FDC folders inside my aerosoft main folder and another by itself on my C: drive as FDC. I'm not all that savy as to what, where, or if this folders are correct and in the right spot. I don't see where I can set my automatic download on FDC, otherwise I would have it on. Getting frustrated here and I'm about to just remove it all together.

If you have two FDC folders and have only installed FDC once then you must have installed the update incorrectly. You must pay very special attention to the folder you choose to install the update which MUST be the same folder you chose to install FDC originally. Once you get to version 3.2 the automatic update feature will take over and things will be much easier going forward with regard FDC updates.

So which one of my folders is correct, the one inside aerosoft main folder or the one by itself? Or perhaps I should just uninstall it completely and try re-installing it again? :roll: I'm just afraid that with aerosoft website not showing my history for this purchase, it may not work.

The default location for the installation is something like C:Program FilesAerosoftFDC, so if you chose the default when originally installing the product that is where it will be. If you navigate to that folder you will also see many other sub folders within it, whereas my guess ifs the other FDC folder you say is on it's own does not have sub folders inside.

The update should go into the main FDC folder

OK, I went ahead and deleted FDC all together from my hard drive and re-installed it from the beginning. Follow each step carefully and SUCCESS! Now I have version 3.5. Thanks for the support.

I have been trying to finish a complete flight with Level-D and FDC 3.5, but for what ever reason FDC disconnects while trying to complete the descent checklist. Anyone else having the same problem?