OMDB-LOWW aircraft going off course

austrianairbus

Hello,

I have the following problem when flying the A321 from Dubai to Vienna. I loaded the flightplan and took off. Before it reached cruise level i had to leave.

When I came back the plane was 4 000 feet above cruise leel (43 000 instead of 39000 feet), AP was on but the plane came 300 nm away from the route.

That is weird because I had everything set correctly in the FCU and in the MCDU. There where no discontinuities.

Cheers,

Austrianairbus

Hi,

something is certainly more than wrong here.

First of all: Initial Flight Level 390 on a longhaul with an A321? Without knowing the exact numbers of your flight I'd judge that more than just impossible.

I am 99% sure you did something very wrong here. Does the same happen on other flights or even in the Step By Step tutorial or was it a one time event?

Hi,

something is certainly more than wrong here.

First of all: Initial Flight Level 390 on a longhaul with an A321? Without knowing the exact numbers of your flight I'd judge that more than just impossible.

I am 99% sure you did something very wrong here. Does the same happen on other flights or even in the Step By Step tutorial or was it a one time event?

Hi Emi,

First of all, thanks for answering so quickly about a out-of-date product on a sunday :)

Yes, this was a one-time event. I set initial climb to 3000 ft and after that set 39 000

I am trying the flight again now with the cockpit on the second screen while doing my work so I have an eye on it.

But this never happened before. I also did the tutorial flight with no prpblems and I fly your bus (which is an excellent product) often.

Apart from this issue, I experienced another problem when flying LGSK-OMDB. I switched on "Pause at TOD" and it actually didnt happen. In fact the plane ran out of fuel and was bouncing in the desert (crash detection off) cold and dark when I woke up.But thats another story which happened only once.

I did some longhauls with the A320/321 before and these things never happened.

Archived