Split X V1.20

sydney1962

Alright, I've disabled the addon manager in the dll.xml and couatl in exe.xml, I think that should stop GSX. Unfortunately the issues with Split X are still there, same as before. :-(

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

according info in one of threats earlier on forum was stated by product manager from aerosoft

that split x was only for P3D V2.5 , I had same issue with P3D V2.4 and got isssue never solved

after retry in test machine with 2.5 installed all was fine.

but maybe can premek confirm that split-x is not working for 100% in V2.4

rgds

Hi all

Mladen came with following way to get it worked and it definitely looks like it's worth to try:
- In folder '[FSX]\Aerosoft\AirportController' right-click on 'APController.exe' and in context menu select Properties.
- In 'Compatibility' tab check the choice 'Run as administrator'.
- Restart PC, started FSX and Split X should work correctly.
Many thanks Mladen!
Cheers,
Premek

Hi all

Mladen came with following way to get it worked and it definitely looks like it's worth to try:
- In folder '[FSX]\Aerosoft\AirportController' right-click on 'APController.exe' and in context menu select Properties.
- In 'Compatibility' tab check the choice 'Run as administrator'.
- Restart PC, started FSX and Split X should work correctly.

Tried, but no luck, as soon as GSX starts the vegetation and the light poles disappear :-(

Tried, but no luck, as soon as GSX starts the vegetation and the light poles disappear :-(

Even with the latest public beta of Couatl, right?

Restored the previous coautl, there was no way for GSX to work with the beta. The problem with Split vegetation-lights remains :(

• Administrator

Dear Premek,

I' m starting to get very, very angry about this situation.

After installation of v1.20 the trees, grass, lightpoles etc. did'nt show up at all.

But what made me angry after the installation of Split X v.1.20 was the disappering 'again' of 2 lines in the [Main] section of the fsx.cfg

SimOjectsPaths.6=SimObjects\IVAO_MTL and the line DisablePreload=1

The same happens after the installation of Split v.1.10 and it took me more than a day to discover that.

I've send you an email about that after i had send the 4 requested files. You were happy that i noticed it.

I'm over 16 years a very frequent user of FS but i never had this before with any scenery.

Why not make a complete Split scenery without that horrible Airport Controller.

Ad

Hello Ad,

did you use the uninstaller of Split v.1.10 before you installed the new version 1.20?

The problem you describe may caused by the uninstaller of version 1.10 and should be solved in version 1.20.

Hello Guenter,

When there's not a special update but only a new full installer of any addon than i always uninstall the older version.

So i did the same with Split 1.20.

First an uninstall of Split 1.10, restart the computer and a new installation (as administrator) of Split v.1.20

After that I looked immediately in my FSX.cfg and saw that the same lines has disappeared.

That made me angry, because i don't like it when addons change my fsx.cfg without letting me know.

And i still have the same problems as before (like others) with disappering lightpoles, lights, trees when i use GSX.

I have e-mail contact with Premek and he knows that the problem still exists.

Hoping that SplitX will work fine soon.

Ad

Hello Guenter,

When there's not a special update but only a new full installer of any addon than i always uninstall the older version.

First an uninstall of Split 1.10, restart the computer and a new installation (as administrator) of Split v.1.20

After that I looked immediately in my FSX.cfg and saw that the same lines has disappeared.

That made me angry, because i don't like it when addons change my fsx.cfg without letting me know.

And i still have the same problems as before (like others) with disappering lightpoles, lights, trees when i use GSX.

Ad

Hi Ad

Unfortunately we have no other possibility than wait till it is fixed by FSDT.

Sorry I couldn't do anything more.

Premek

• Administrator

Hello Guenter,

Ad

Hi Ad,

it was absolut correct to uninstall version 1.10 before installimg the new version.

I only wanted to be sure that we talk about the same problem.

As I wrote the problem was caused by the uninstaller of version 1.10. There was a bug which removed the complete section [main] from the FSX.cfg during the unistalling process under some circumstances.

We are sorry about this bug.

However, this bug is solved in version 1.20.

For the problem with GSX we have to wait for some fixes made by FSDT like Premek wrote.

Is it confirmed that the problem of the disappearing vegetation-lights when using GSX occurs even with the beta of the new coautl? I can't test it, because I am not able to use GSX with the beta coautl (unable to get the GSX window).

scdl, i had the same problem with GSX after the instalation of the couatl/addonmanager beta version.

But what i've done wrong, i think, was uninstalling the old Addonmanager before installing the Beta version.

So i did a re-install of GSX and after that i re-installed the Beta version again without unstalling the old one.

After that GSX works fine again for me.

Perhaps this works for you too.

Ad

Ad, thank you for your reply. Unfortunately I did not uninstall anything, I just installed the beta over the latest official version. I will try again maybe tonight, even if, shouldn't it work, rolling back is not so straightforward, in my previous attempt I had to reinstall GSX completely.

Hallo Tobias,

delete the AirportController Folder and make a new Installation Split 1.20

I had the same Problem....

After the delete it works.

EDDM Frank

This works for me too! Thank you.

This works for me too! Thank you.

Do you use GSX?

When i startup at Split then everything is complete, trees lights etc, but when i use GSX the problem is still there.

After start GSX start Airport Controller

EDDM Frank

Hi Frank,

But that's not how it should work, only a solution for the time being.

Ad

After start GSX start Airport Controller

How can I start Airport Controller after GSX? Airport Controller starts automatically when I launch FSX.

Archived