Entering certain radials for a fix still not possible 1.30e

bpcw001

Good day,

recently I had to experience that the long-standing issue that certain degree values are not accepted as radials for a fix on the fix page is still present.

Pick any waypoint of the flight plan and go to lat rev page. As a fix, enter e. g. BCN (Barcelona VOR, 116.70) and try to enter 242 as radial (no distance) in order to help flying the missed approach procedure for RWY 25R.

That value will not be accepted. Other randomly picked values will work.

Any update on that?

Running properly installed A320 v1.30e, Latest NavDataPro cycle (May 2015)

• 2 weeks later...

I second that... I'm trying to simulate the turn point of an engine out procedure by plotting the 039 radial off JFK VOR and it doesn't take it. In fact, FSX crashes!

Also, the MCDU became totally unresponsive last night as well. I don't have a clue what caused it.

JetBlue

• Deputy Sheriffs

For better troubleshooting could everybody who has a fix/radial problem post the fix and radial that do not work for them?

Thanks

• Deputy Sheriffs

Good day,

recently I had to experience that the long-standing issue that certain degree values are not accepted as radials for a fix on the fix page is still present.

Pick any waypoint of the flight plan and go to lat rev page. As a fix, enter e. g. BCN (Barcelona VOR, 116.70) and try to enter 242 as radial (no distance) in order to help flying the missed approach procedure for RWY 25R.

That value will not be accepted. Other randomly picked values will work.

Any update on that?

Running properly installed A320 v1.30e, Latest NavDataPro cycle (May 2015)

Works with my system:

BCN_zpsgw5wxwp0.jpg

• Deputy Sheriffs

I second that... I'm trying to simulate the turn point of an engine out procedure by plotting the 039 radial off JFK VOR and it doesn't take it. In fact, FSX crashes!

Also, the MCDU became totally unresponsive last night as well. I don't have a clue what caused it.

JetBlue

Confirmed

Works with my system:

BCN_zpsgw5wxwp0.jpg

Weird.

I did that starting from a fully set up flight plan with alternate while still being parked at the departure airport (LEBL being the destination). It appears that the point in time and maybe more constraints concerning what, when and how the MCDU was operated before trying to enter the radial might play a role in whether it actually works or not.

This might prove a hard one :glare_s:

• 2 weeks later...

Here I am with my contribution to this bug

CTF VOR (116.25, located on Catania Fontanarossa Apt). If you try to input 262° radial you won't be able to do that. And it's the same for a certain number of radials in the close range. But, quite surprisingly, 264° is available. Moreover ... situation changes if you input a NM distance BEFORE to try to input a radial. Very strange indeed

roberto

• 1 month later...

Hello,

Same here, trying to enter radial 319 VOR TIS (Thiers in France)

This was done inflight when setting up the approach.

After second attempt FMC froze and FSX crashed. This is using A318 CFM with 1.30f

Any solution or work around ?

Regards...

Archived