Idea: Add aircraft Type to schedule

Hi All,

As I'm currently in the middle of adding all KLM flights to my PFPX schedule, I was wondering if it would be possible to add a 'planned A/C Type' rather then having to add a A/C + Registration. KLM frequently changes the aircraft on the day itself (mostly just another registration, not a whole different A/C type) so for now I just add the A/C type and config into the schedule remarks field. This, however, does mean I cannot filter my flights by A/C type, which would be most usefull to me. This would also allow me to have different types of aircraft fly the same flight throughout the week.

E.G: KL0743 AMS - LIM is flown with a B772 every Wednesday, Friday and Sunday. However, on Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays this flight is flown with a B773. It's not currently possible to add both flights (I just let the 0743 flight with the B773 depart a minute later) because it's just not being added, since PFPX thinks it's just the same flight, which it kinda is, but flown with different A/C types/models.

Any thoughts on this?

Thanks,

Stefan

Hello Stefan,

I believe you can achieve what your after now by use of the commercial flight number when setting up the schedule.

So for your example you could tag the flight number with 'L' for the 772 and 'W' for the 773, then enter KL0743 as the commercial number:

post-5872-0-63804400-1431673714_thumb.jp

This then leads to different entries in the schedule for the aircraft attached but only displays the same commercial flight:

post-5872-0-12580200-1431673719_thumb.jp

This displays in the OFP as KL0743/KLMKL0743L

Hi Stephen,

Thanks for your reply. But I use the Flight Number field for the callsign, since KLM frequently assigns alphanumerical callsigns..

Stefan

Archived