Strange 'Beeping' with Seahawk!

robdob

For some reason, in both FS9 and FSX, whenever I'm flying in the Seahawk or Jayhawk I get a strange beeping noise which seems to come from the PC internal speaker.

:?

It seems totally random and only happens when flying this aircraft!

Any ideas on why this is happening or suggestions on how to disable the internal speaker?

I'm not too good with technical things like this!!!

Any help would be gratefully received!!!

Rob :D

Hey Rob,

Are you landing at the time that you hear this beeping if so that would be your desion height indicator telling you to to land or abort you can cancel that sound by scrolling through your radar settings to turn it off.

Richard :D

No it happens totally randomly. If it was the decision height indicator would that not come through the sound card? I'll have a look anyway, thanks for the reply!

Hey Rob,

You might try reinstalling the seahawk software or this might a be a dumb question but are you computer speakers close to your computer case if so you might be getting feedback from your speakers being close to your video card or the other way around.

if that's not the problem then I would email the Aerosoft support team and ask them directly what the issue might be.

Richard :D I hope it gets resolved soon

I don't think it's that as it only happens to the Seahawk. I'll just have to buy the 3.99 insurance scheme as my originals were lost when my PC died over the summer!

Thanks for your help!!

Rob

Hello Rob,

Can you try starting FS9 with the default flight at KSEA then load the Seahawk and take it for a triip, I also know that sometimes a sound coming from the speaker can be associated to a sound .wav file being missing possibly a switch sound.

Just had a quick trip and the internal speaker still beeps randomly. I suppose it could be a missing .wav file.......could anyone let me have a list of sounds to see if I do have one missing please? Many thanks!

Rob

Wait, - this could be as simple as the rear tail stabilizing fin deploying down or up. Take off and begin a flight...you should hear the "beep"...then see if it re-occurs after you reach a decent speed...it should not occur until you slow down to under 40, then you will hear a beep while the rear stablizing fin deploys again...

Afraid not.....it happens randomly when in the cruise, good thought though! And it's not just one quick beep, often it's a rapid burst of 5 or 6 beeps.

hum

I believe the only thing that could cause de PC Speaker to act like that is to press and hold a key in your keyboard. There's a limitation on how much time you can press a key and that limit is reached when you listen to the PC Speaker beep.

But this could be another thing.

Hello Rob,

Here is a list of the installed sounds with the Seahawk.

AerosoftSounds Folder in FS9.

Seahawk_APU

Seahawk_APU_Shutdown

Seahawk_APU_Start

Seahawk_Beep

Seahawk_GroundSound

AircraftAerosoft_SH-60sound Folder in FS9

as_sh60jw1

as_sh60jw2

as_sh60shut

as_sh601

as_sh602

as_sh603

as_sh604

avionics

doorclose

dooropen

startup

t1

whoopwhoop

wind

xwhoopwhoop

All those sounds are present and correct but STILL the strange beeping. Looks like I'll have to gamble and re-purchase the model..... :cry: :oops: Thanks for your help all!