MCDU via webserver combination topic

So, i had the same problem... black MCDU display.

Desperately, i tried everything, all possible combinations.

This is what i did to make it work for me.

1. Start FSX
  2.  load aircraft.. in my case its a a320.
  3. Start the airbus connect for the a318/a319 as administrator.
  4. Then i reset the current aircraft state, to turn around, or cold and dark. (Not sure if necessary, but it  is the only way i can make it work)
  5. If the INIT page is displayed but no input is accepted, please be patient. For me it takes like 2/3 min before the MCDU became responsive. It gets better with time

If you can't get to the init page, restart the server. It took me probably 10 restarts.

I don't know why, but the server also generated the wrong IP address, but that doesn't seem to be a problem to other users.

Hope it helps...

Alex

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

UPDATE:

Good news my friends!.

We're working on a fix for the A320/A321 Webserver.

It shouldn't take too long, but please understand that doesn't mean we'll have it tomorrow, and we can't give you a date but speaking for myself I don't believe it will be more than a few weeks. 

Many thanks for your patience.

Thats fantastic news, thank you Dave. I do appologise for my earlier rant, it is actually very rare that I complain about anything. It just seemed that Aerosoft were ignoring this problem and I was trying to make a point. I am very grateful that this is being sorted and really look forward to using the functionality. 

P.s. For the love of God is just saying in England. I'm not sure it translated very well!

• 3 weeks later...

For the A320/A321, that is correct.  If you have both the A318/A319 and the A320/A321, you can use the A318/A319 server for all four aircraft.  Be sure to run as Admin.

Best wishes.

Eight hours passed since we let you guys know about the newly available Webserver for the A320/A321, and no comments yet?

Hey, guys, it's waiting for you! Go get it!

Best wishes.

• Deputy Sheriffs

The 1.2.0.6 is the version of the provided hotfix (see link above).

If you have the A318/A319 package you can also take the version from there, which is 1.2.0.1 and works as well.

The none working version in the A320/A321 package is 1.2.0.0.

Guys, this works flawlessly and is absolutely brilliant. I am really glad you solved this one and it is a fantastic feature to complete this package.

Thank you.

• 2 weeks later...

I just found the hotfix for the A320/1...

Posted a reply to Mathijs on his feed...

Works a treat on my Acer Iconia Tablet running Android......

just need to work out how to lock the mcdu in the tablet window to stop it moving around....lol....

Thanks guys.....you rock...

Rgds

A happy "Bus" jockey

Paul

ps....

just ran the webserver on pc....

using 2 monitors i can now have the MCDU on 2nd monitor and resized it to 10in "tablet" sized window....

even better than having it on tablet...

doesnt clutter my table now when having lunch at FL350....

Thnks again guys...

Paul

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I tried to run the AirbusXConnectExtended.exe but I get the following message in a box:

E:\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\aerosoft\Airbus A318_A319\AirbusXConnectExtended.exe

The application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect. Please see the application event log or use the command-line sxstrace.exe tool for more detail.

I have searched for this error but could not find anything in the forums. Everything else is running perfect. Thanks for any help.

• 4 months later...
On 17/8/2016 at 0:39 AM, DaveCT2003 said:

Eight hours passed since we let you guys know about the newly available Webserver for the A320/A321, and no comments yet?

Hey, guys, it's waiting for you! Go get it!

Best wishes.

Can you please provide the link for the hotfix? I am having same problem to run x connect

On 28/7/2016 at 4:29 AM, DaveCT2003 said:

UPDATE:

Good news my friends!.

We're working on a fix for the A320/A321 Webserver.

It shouldn't take too long, but please understand that doesn't mean we'll have it tomorrow, and we can't give you a date but speaking for myself I don't believe it will be more than a few weeks. 

Many thanks for your patience.

Can you please provide link for the hotfix file?

On 16/8/2016 at 4:01 PM, Tom A320 said:

FYI:

I tried this hotfix. But does not work for me. i have fsx steam version and A320/a321 package. Please Help.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Just for clarification, you are using FSX:SE. Have you bought the A320/A321 from a webstore like the Aerosoft one or via steam?

• 4 weeks later...

I have the same problem of black MCDU display.

I am running FSX-SE and purchased A320/A321 thru Steam.

I have installed hotfix 1.2.06 but no luck on my Android tablet.

Any  suggestions?

• 5 weeks later...

I'm having problems too. Have corrected for the Side by Side issue and have used both the A319 version and the Hotfix but with no result.

The server connects and provides a code.

i have tried on my Android tablet, phone and a Windows 10 PC.

In all cases the MCDU is displayed but no data.

I know it is connecting to the Sim because on the screen prior to the MCDU being displayed I can Pause and Resume and the Sim responds but no data.

Archived