FSX:SE Heathrow Xtended Jetway Patch Installation Problem

Hello everyone,

I've downloaded FSX:SE Heathrow Xtended today and ran it successfully. Totally amazed by the quality of the work!!

However, when I came to the point where I wanted to install the "Jetway Patch", this thing pops up which tells me it can't locate the installed Heathrow.

post-142710-0-07877800-1431006255_thumb.

It would be great if anyone could show me what they have done to tackle this?

Is it because this thing is not compatible with FSX:SE yet?

Regards,

Jackson

• Aerosoft

This could be a reason. Did you install Heathrow as admin before? Or did you start that patch with admin rights?

Jonas

Yes, I installed both of them with admin rights. I also reinstalled Heathrow and see if this problem can be solved but again didn't work.

If it's not compatbile with Steam Edition, then an update is what I will be waiting for! (If they're gonna make one)

It's annoying that none of the bridges work in this airport even though I own AES (and again yet to be FSX:SE compatible). Sigh!

Thanks for the reply anyway Jonas!!!

Hi,

I am also running FSX on Steam and I have no problems with the Jetways working. Out of interest, do you have a single installation of FSX-SE or are you running both FSX boxed and FSX-SE on the same machine?

Regards,

Mick.

Hi Mick,

Thanks for the information. I did install FSX (Boxed) before, but I fully uninstalled it before I turn to FSX:SE. In other words, the original FSX folder should be erased.

All other addons that I own work perfectly except this "Jetway Patch"!!!!!

I might have to scan through the C:// folders and see if I could trace any of my original FSX (boxed) related files. Thanks again.

• 3 weeks later...

I have the same issue.

I am sure it's not about steam.

Something is wrong with this patch or with Heathrow installation.

What I noticed that when I installed the airport FSX scenery didn't see it and I had to add it manually to the sceneries list.

Probably patch also can't see some files.

The question is only which files?

Guys

This issue is not resolved. Please help. The jetway patch is not installing as it can't see Heathrow scenery. How it can be if I am now flying using this beautifull airport?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Guys from Aerosoft made a special patch which helps to resolve it. It can be uploaded from Aerosoft site from previous purchases. They told me that it will be possible to get it from Simmarket too. I didn't do it yet as I am on vacation away from my computer. I will be able to check after July 29.

As I understand this patch helps when you have steam fsx.

Alex

I just down loaded a new set from my online account here and also have this issue with the patch , only steam version installed here , the box hasnt been near the machine , so for my situation it still exist very much ;)

Got the steam patch for Heathrow yesterday from Simmarket. Tried on my FSX Steam on my MacBook. And it is working!!! My jetways are alive.

When I was installing it there were two choices: FSX and STEAM. Steam didn't work but when I tried FSX it went successfully.

Thank you guys from Aerosoft. You are the best.

I hope you will make soon new STEAM patches for other Aerosoft airports such as Schiphol, Vantaa, Frankfurt etc.

Alex

Hi, can somebody confirm what all airports these patches been released for ? I have Zurich and aprons are dead still there given the SE:AES non-compatibility. Apart from anything else (offered by AES and not working in FSX:SE), if jetways at least become mobile and operable on mega airports, it will be really nice.

Hello,

Me too, same problem. Installed Heathrow Extended FSX Steam. Downloaded the Patch, ran it as administrator, and the setup program told me I don't have an installed version of Heathrow Extended. I activated Heathrow Extended in the scenery library, tried again, same issue. Any news about this?

Ralf

• 1 month later...

I'm having the same problem but not with the Steam edition.

I installed the scenery on FSX and it runs well in the sim. I wanted to add the jetways patch but when I install it, I select the MS FSX version in the installer but it tells me the scenery is not yet installed.

Can anyone help? Does the installer need to be in a certain file location before I run it?

Thanks!

Jamie

• 4 weeks later...

Having the same issue, fresh install of FSX:SE and EGLL but the patch keep saying the product is not installed.

Aerosoft support, please look into it (I don't mind doing TeamViewer session so you guys can see what's wrong).

Thanks,

Amos

Hello guys

I've also Just encountered the Problem, I'm using FSX acceleration Pack.

I have the Mega Airport Heathrow installed but it keeps on saying that it was not installed. I bought it from Simmarket if that can help.

I would like to see this issue fixed as soon as possible !

Thanks

Archived