ILS Capture

jimjdunn

I have the A320 321 version working perfectly.. till I try to land and the flight path is way to high and the glide slope simply will not capture.. I load a flight plan say from EGLL to LSZH.. Everything goes perfect, descent etc. Till the final approach. The aircraft always seem to be around a 1000 or so feet higher than what it should be. Making it impossible to pick up the glide slope.. The FMC is correctly programmed, but it simple will not descend low enough to pick up glide slope capture..automatically At present I simply go around and descend till I pick up glide slope capture.. Or disconnect AP and do a mad dive But really that is not the way it should operate.. Anyone help.. It is a great product and I would like to get it working correctly. I have the latest AIRAC cycle installed..from Navigraph

• Deputy Sheriffs

What ILS did you fly in LSZH? What altitude did you have in the FCU to intercept the GS? Where you flying the whole time in a managed mode? Did you activate the approach phase yourself?

Thanks

Ps, due to variations in the wind and certain STAR altitude and speed constraints it is possible to be too high. Normally the plane will tell you to increase the drag (more drag). This means using the speedbrakes are configurating. The autoflight system is not foolproof and sometimes the pilot has to intervene.

Hi Dude

Many thanks.. It is not only happening on that flight.. It is happening in every flight. On the actual flight plan it is telling me that DME was around 5 miles and that the height should be around 1500 ft.. In reality at that point the height is way over 3000 feet. I tried adjusting the FMC to bring previous constraints and way points to lower altitude. But it just jumped back to default. And yes I used the speed brake when asked.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Just to be sure here. Do you have the latest A320/321 product or the older extended one?

Archived