Virtual Cockpit Motion

Hi,

I would like to know if it is possible to disable the virtual cockpit motion/head movement within the Airbuses?

I would like to disable the movement that goes forward and backward while accelerating or decelerating.

Is it possible?

Thanks and regards,

Denes

Hi Denes,

This worked for me:

Open cameras.cfg (same location as fsx.cfg) , and change ALL momentumEffect=yes (or true) to NO or false.

Mladen

Hi Mladen, Hi Mathijs,

Thanks a lot for your answers and comments, both of you, I will give it a try today!

Have a nice weekend!

Regards,
Dénes

• Aerosoft

If you look in the aircraft.cfg files you will find these sections (bottom):

[CAMERADEFINITION.008]
Title = "FO MAIN PANEL"
Guid = {86559ff9-66d3-45b8-97d0-0d0b67a791b0}
Origin = Virtual Cockpit
MomentumEffect = Yes
SnapPbhAdjust = Swivel
SnapPbhReturn = False
PanPbhAdjust = Swivel
PanPbhReturn = False
Track = None
ShowAxis = Yes
AllowZoom = True
InitialZoom = .4
SmoothZoomTime = 2.0
ZoomPanScalar = 1.0
ShowWeather = Yes
XyzAdjust = True
ShowLensFlare = True
Category = Cockpit
PitchPanRate = 20
HeadingPanRate = 10
InitialXyz = 1.08, 0, 0.015
InitialPbh = 14.0, -0, 0
CycleHidden = No
Hotkeyselect = 7
Try setting those to No. I have never experimented with that but it would be that also removes the effect and then per aircraft and not for the sim.

• 1 year later...

Hi Denes,
have you been able to solve the mentioned weird cockpit motion problem yet?:rolleyes:
I am wondering if there is any solution for this matter.
In my case, despite of eliminating whole momentum, the worst appearence is when you are flying i equator areas. The cockpit is dancing aroung the monitor like crazy.
In northen or southern hemisphare is the effect  allmost not visible.
Appreciate you feed back.
George

AFAIK the viewpoint shifting can be considered a bug in FSX and setting MomentumEffect to off in the cfg files won't get rid of it.

The distance between cockpit viewpoint and center of gravity of the plane as well as the latitude seem to have an influence on the strength of the effect. That's why it is most noticeable when flying long planes like the 777 e.g. and/or being close to the equator.

I remember having read in another forum that this bug has been fixed by Lockheed Martin with P3D version 3.2. Maybe someone with P3D can confirm this?

Archived