List of fixes

Xenomorph

Could we please have a list of fixes that will be addressed in the next service pack? Also, could you please confirm that the ECM will be fixed and manual chaff and flares will be implemented (not set to auto dispense)? Because this is a big problem at the moment as I and many other pilots cannot do any SAM avoidance missions. Thanks.

You can avoid the current sams basically by flying at 40,000ft at afterburner stage 1, and whenever a missile comes, at about 7 seconds from the CW warning do a 2g manoeuvre and full afterburner.

Thanks peter197 but you shouldn't have to fly to 40,000ft to avoid one. I take it none of the developers know then? Will we ever see the fixes that we all want. I'm really starting to doubt it now, I get the feeling the F-14 is at the bottom of aerosoft's to do list. Its a shame as it could be a brilliant aircraft.

I sadly agree, it would be nice to get some support.

You can also evade at 30,000ft quite easily anyway, just be prepared for greater fuel consumption.

In addition, true the salvo flare really inconveniences things, but you can easily avoid SAMS in time. Read the information about the ECM display.

When you get the CW warning, you are 10nm away from a missile.

I sadly agree, it would be nice to get some support.

You can also evade at 30,000ft quite easily anyway, just be prepared for greater fuel consumption.

In addition, true the salvo flare really inconveniences things, but you can easily avoid SAMS in time. Read the information about the ECM display.

When you get the CW warning, you are 10nm away from a missile.

Thanks I will give it another go avoiding the SAMS, thanks for the advice :-)

I have not tried the high alt trick yet, but the "dive for the deck" low alt works as well, at least to exhaust the site of missiles, but now you are also fighting the earth’s surface. In addition to the RWR display, audio from the RIO would be nice to have, I'll even volunteer to record them.

We do need a master bug list, or some chart with a status block to show expected SP fix. I'm tracking the following:

-ECM/ASE

-Autopilot (not sure if this is even a fix, cannot run VEC and ALT simultaneously)

-DLC (not sure this can be done in FSX, to vary the level of spoiler movement in DLC mode)

-TACAN/GPS data on BDHI removed in A2A or A2G modes.

-LANTIRN (on par with the VRS ATLFLIR, even the IRIS A-10 version is workable)

-Remaining VRS Tacpack weapons, ie JDAMs that were later approved for use on the Tomcat. I would be happy with a simple 2D pop-up to program bombs.

-Lack of weapons showing on other F-14's in multiplayer (as viewed from other planes, not the F-14)/mirroring your own loadout if viewed from an F-14

-Radar currently does not seem to identify between friend or foe, despite page in the manual explaining the different symbols

-Texture along spine shifted to the side by a few pixels, I'll post a picture later

-Not sure if an F-14 or Tacpack bug, but launching the Phoenix I sometimes hear a splashing sound rather than a missile sound. I've also seen on some tacview logs that it barely exceeded mach 1.

-Shared Cockpit Compatibility

-Occasionally after coming out of full afterburner the fuel flow gauge remains showing extremely high fuel consumption, it doesn't actually consume at that rate if you watch the fuel gauge though

-HUD sometimes obscured by the glass supports in the B model, also in the lowest visibility settings. Something to do with the hud being in front of the aircraft for... cant think of the word right now

-Contrails way too low

-Gun Effect not working/Replacement effect not working unless smoke effects turned to on, which causes issues in multiplayer when plane is substituted by an aircraft with a smoke system (It really gives your position away).

-Afterburner effects seem a little offset

-Looking back in the VC you can see some lights through the aircraft

-Landing/Taxi light doesn't actually illuminate the ground

-TACAN Issues in multiplayer

-Not a bug but having you radar return to its previous setting after breaking a lock would be nice, it can be quite inconvenient switching to the rio pit or hitting shift-3 to bring your radar range up from 5nm to something a bit more useful in a high target environment

That's all I can think of for now

You should get FSUIPC and map your joystick so you can effectively control the radar to return it to its original state.

In addition to this, the TIT gauges always freeze if the engines shut down. If the engine experiences a compressor stall, the engine can stay at 1120C, which I don't think is right. It's only when restarting the engine, the temperature suddenly drops.

Regarding the autopilot, it can only do one mode at a time, so for me I usually go VEC and control altitude by myself when climbing, and then at altitude, set it to hold altitude and manually steer.

In addition, as long as you keep a 20nm distance from the SAM site at that altitude, you're fine, you're burning 4,000lb of fuel per hour compared to something like 16,000lb per hour. Doing it at 40,000ft, as slow as it is, gives you endurance and time. Perhaps it would be better to fly around 35,000ft - 40,000ft, but the actual likelihood of being hit at 40,000ft is so little.

It's dull but gets the job done, whereas hitting the deck, there is a probability you could still be hit.

Wingmate,

Good list, some of those I had forgotten about. As a previous beta tester on other models, generally I test a bug someone else will identify as everyone has different cpu configs, just to verify if I see same issue. I am hoping to get some good MP testing within our VA for some of these listed issues.

Peter197, I use the same procedure for the AP now, and honestly it works for me just fine using VEC to initially get on course and then switch to ALT, using CSS if needed to stay on track. I use ATT and BANK a lot during Case III recoveries. On the SAM tactics, had pretty good success down low at Dare County breaking the site’s lock prior to the missile going terminal, staying out of ‘burner.

• 2 weeks later...

Could we please have a list of fixes that will be addressed in the next service pack? Also, could you please confirm that the ECM will be fixed and manual chaff and flares will be implemented (not set to auto dispense)? Because this is a big problem at the moment as I and many other pilots cannot do any SAM avoidance missions. Thanks.

If there is a next service pack? Silly question maybe, but is development dead? The developer hasn't logged onto this forum for a month, and not really posted anything for weeks before that. Hope this is not another case of developer and publisher separating after releasing a successful and great product, which then never gets the final service packs it deserves... :ph34r:

I ask the same thing everyday. What happened? I love this plane. I have many Aerosoft products but the looks of abandonment of this product kind of pisses me off. There have been no replies at all. Even a little "We are working on it "reply would help but nothing comes. As it stands in P3D you can't use the TCS! There are many other issues above. The community has stopped making repaints for a long awaited product that I thought was going to have endless paints. Maybe everyone else gave up too! As it is now, I'm mostly limited to touch and goes.....

Sorry to be long winded but I think this is a good airplane and could be one of the greatest.

H

Last info about the patch on the F-14X's Facebook page (4th April): https://www.facebook.com/AerosoftF14?ref=ts&fref=ts

"The Aerosoft F-14 airframe sounds are getting an upgrade along with a dedicated B model soundset for the GE engines. Expect it in the second patch that's currently in development!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y3sBav29Cdk

Plus ideas for fixes, ideas (etc):
- AIM-54C for the F-14B (at least - maybe for latter A blocks too)
- moving radar antenna (with working shared cockpit)
- F-14B Upgrade ("Bombcat") variant (with improved offensive and defensive avionics systems)
- ECM and baggage pods
- full scale weaponry (as possible by VRS TacPack)

I guess this is a dead project for updates. Can we not even hear from Aerosoft and let the F14 community know what is happening? I love this aircraft and hate to see what is going on.

JeffG

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hi, friends.

I beg you a bit of patience. In no case are you forgotten.

Being a very Navy product, we could apply the motto "no man left behind". We are trying hard and I promise you an answer.

Regards

• Aerosoft

I have just spoken with the main developer. He is doing some major exams at this moment and therefor it's hard for him to find time. But he will have time end of this week to discuss the issues. An additional problem is that one of the developers jumped out of the project, we're trying to see if we can assist there.

Also glad to hear that the Cat isn't dead.

Found/Remembered a few more bugs:
-Unable to roll in FSXSE without disengaging the roll SAS (Fix used for other platforms does not work for steam)
-When flying in a thunderstorm (real world weather) my altimeter was wildly inaccurate, was ~3000 feet off even after using the FSX altimeter reset or by attempting to change it myself FSX set my in.hg was 27.99 after the fsx reset.
-I've launched Phoenix's in tws mode and arrived at the target at about the same time the missile does when. Checking the tacview logs the missile did not seem to go faster than mach 1.5
-TCS Looks through the aircraft geometry
-Wing sweep is not always completed in internal view when switching from external, even if the wings are fully swept and have been for awhile occasionally they appear to be retracting from fully extended.

And the image of the pixel shift along the spine, it is my own repaint but the textures on the spine are the same on default aircraft and are based off of default paints/paintkit

th_2015-6-3_23-18-21-873_zpsasmjrbpf.png

I have just spoken with the main developer. He is doing some major exams at this moment and therefor it's hard for him to find time. But he will have time end of this week to discuss the issues. An additional problem is that one of the developers jumped out of the project, we're trying to see if we can assist there.

So what did the developer say?

Archived