FREIGHT DOGS -HELP !

pilotman

:( Hello I just purchase ( Freight Dogs ) CD version from Aerosoft and I'm having problems.

I'm have issues with my FS2004 crashing or blacking out and then I lose everything and end up at my desktop.

Last week I purchase Freight Dogs and it seemed to work ok and then I purchase FSCARGO to go with it and thats when I started having issues.

First issue was this - Aircraft initialization Failure

DHC-2A C-GSKY Modern Freight Dogs livery

Second issue was with a scenery file being missing.

I ended up having to uninstall my FS2004 and then had to reinstall again.

After the reinstall I can run FSCARGO without FS2004 crashing but as soon as I add Freight Dogs I start getting these issues all over again.

I hope someone can help me out here after all the money I just spent on both of these products.

:? Addressing the above to Aerosoft will someone tell me whats going on when I try to run Freight Dogs with FSCARGO , I thought both would run together fine without any problems ?

Please help me out please , you do support ( FREIGHT DOGS ) don't you ?

My Freight Dogs Book that came with my purchase CD says AEROSOFT on it .

Hello pilotman,

For the CTD you might want to try re-installing the FS9.1 update to see if that cures the problem.

First issue was this - Aircraft initialization Failure

DHC-2A C-GSKY Modern Freight Dogs livery

This is usually caused by the aircraft not being found in the aircraft folder. Can you check the Beaver Aircraft folder to see if the aircraft exsists.

:) Hey thanks for the help , after reinstalling FS2004 I then reinstall FSCARGO and then Freight Dogs , they are both suppose to work side by side or atlease I thought so.

When I start the install for Freight Dogs it will ask you if you have FSCARGO installed and I click yes and then finished the install process.

I started up FS9 and went to the airport ( CZST ) which is part of Freight Dogs scenery, I also choose (Summer) season instead of Winter or Fall to see if thats the problem.

I found another post here where someone else had this same crashing problem of FS9 at that location and another location used in Freight Dogs.

They claim the crashing to the desktop is caused from using (Fall Season) as a selection.

I tried flying under summer season and FS9 BLACKED OUT or CRASHED on me again and then returned me back to my desktop so its not the seasons that is causing this,it has to be something else.

Is there anyway Aerosoft can look into this, if not I might have to return my copy and exchange it for another product that works correctly.

This other guy is talking about having to copy all of these files he had showing and pasting in another folder,that sounds like something that is a 50 50 chance to me and why should I have to start hunting and moving files around in FS2004 just to get this to work.

There should be a patch or fix made by those who made this product and I don't even see Freight Dogs as even being listed for up-dates so what did I buy a product that is no longer being sold ?

Thanks for the help again , I hope I can find a way to fix these issue in Freight Dogs.

I like the scenery used in Freight Dogs but when FS2004 keeps crashing during the flight then thats a big problem and needs to be fix somehow.

I'll check back in later,thanks! :)

:D Hey thanks for the tips on try installing the FS9 Up-date. I was searching on the SimForum and found a post telling everyone that we need the FS2004 up-dated to keep Freight Dogs from crashing to desktop.

Start my flight back at ( CZST ) and this time no crash to desktop! YEA!!!

I'm looking at this as a close issue I HOPE ! Keep your ears open just in case you hear me yell for help again please!

• 4 months later...

Pilotman, where did you find an update for FS9? What is the name of the file? I am not sure if I have it or not. Is it correct that two seperate pieces of software must be purchased to fly Freight Dogs?

Thank you.

Bill

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Bill,

Freight dogs requires that the FS9.1 update be installed or it will cause the program to crash.

It can be downloaded from the here.

Also Freight Dogs does'nt require any other programs to run except of course FS9..