What has happened to Flightkeeper?

Kimchoc

I tired to send in a PIREP to my VA site just like I have done for the last 3 years. Same VA, same template. I get this screen now.

pirep3.jpg

Heres the screwy part. the Pilot ID that is shown in the error is not the pilot ID that I have specified in my template. This ID is from the "Pilot" screen. No matter what user ID I specify in the template, it does not change in the error screen. Only when i edit the Pilot information in FK does this error user ID change. Seems to me that FK is not using the Web.txt.

Even more interesting. I have FK on the computer that i used before my current flight computer. I used that older computer until last year and filed Pireps with no problems. I went over to try and file one with that computer and get the same error.

Ok, so you might say, Check your VA. Well, of course I did. I can manually file a PIREP with no issues using either computer and login is fine through the VA. Other pilots are using FK and filing PIREPs with no issues.

So, Why did FK start this error reporting?

What/who is returning this error? From what site? My VA? or somewhere else?

Why is this happening on two different computers?

Why is FK not using, or not sending the correct user ID from the web.txt template?

I have reset nothing in FK.

Hope its simple. I'm using version 2.7 and 2.5.

I searched and read a bit about a browser and a PIREP issue. I'm using the latest Firefox and the flight computer has no anit-virus. Still doesnt answer why the error is reporting a user ID that is not specified in the web.txt template.

Thanks,,,

Hi,

FSFK has been always using the Pilot ID configured for the selected pilot for all PIREPs. You can not define the pilot ID in the template, except it is hardcoded in the template (which makes no sense anyway). The error you are getting is received from the VA web server and not a FSFK error. To resolve your problem simply set the ID for the select pilot in FSFK to the one you have been assigned by your VA. If you still can't resolve your problem, then send your VA template to the FSFK support.

Regards

Thomas

I kind of thought you were going to say something like that. Well I dont know what/who to believe now. Heres is the support request from my VA.

"that page didn't come from our site. It really looks like you're submitting your flights to someone else and not us."

I'll send the template along. I've copied the information to the template as supplied by my VA several times on two computers. Still no change. Same error. I've been using this program and the same VA for over 2 years. Nothing has changed. I didnt change VA's, computers, Fs9 installs, nothing.