Airport Controller - ApController.exe

Nikolaos

Hi Guys,

thank you very much for the great sceneries. I always love your work and I highly appreciate your effort you're putting in.

But there is something that bothers me: With the SplitX scenery there is the apcontroller.exe coming, installing into the fsx without notice.

Trying to find any information about I failed. Neither in the manual nor on the aerosoft website.

First I noticed that it seems that there are some changed settings in the FSX. So the sound of the aircraft is activated on FSX menue. This is something you can turn off quite easily which I did. I don't know if this is related with the SplitX installation or the ApController.

But also on every airport I've been so far - all from aerosoft - there is a ground controller sending messages to the Ai-traffic appearing as text on the screen. Well actually, to be honest, I don't like this. Because it creates micro stutter on my system everytime the text appears. It took me a while to find out where it is coming from and that this is related to the apcontroller.exe.

Guys, I finally set up my system that it is running very smooth and fun to fly. I would always like to be in controll what is installed and why. If you introduce a new feature - Fine. I'm more then welcome to this. But please inform me about before you do so. Give some kind of information, let me know what it is doing and where.

And finally give me the chance to turn some features off.

Can somebody please explain what is the Airport Controller and what kind of features it comes with?

Best regards

Nik

Hi Nick.

Can You please describe how did You turned off sound of the aircraft?

Thanks

Has

Just turn off the "UI - Sounds" which is located in the "sound settings" right above the "UI - Music".

But also on every airport I've been so far - all from aerosoft - there is a ground controller sending messages to the Ai-traffic appearing as text on the screen. Well actually, to be honest, I don't like this. Because it creates micro stutter on my system everytime the text appears. It took me a while to find out where it is coming from and that this is related to the apcontroller.exe.

Same thing happening here:

APC.jpg

Mladen

there is a ground controller sending messages to the Ai-traffic appearing as text on the screen.

Hi Nikolaos

Sorry for that!

That's a bug - forgotten debug message. Will be fixed as soon as possible.

Please do not consider Split as a test bed. The APC is simply a new technology and this one just slipped out - our apologies.

Just turn off the "UI - Sounds" which is located in the "sound settings" right above the "UI - Music".

Where? in an FSX menu?

I don't like these new sounds and I don't like these text messages.

Hi Nikolaos

Sorry for that!

That's a bug - forgotten debug message. Will be fixed as soon as possible.

Please do not consider Split as a test bed. The APC is simply a new technology and this one just slipped out - our apologies.

Hi Premek,

This new tech is causing a CTD for me when I try to fly to or from Split X, Prepar3d v2.5. No error messages just a blank window with Appcontroller title. Any ideas?

Hi Premek,

This new tech is causing a CTD for me when I try to fly to or from Split X, Prepar3d v2.5. No error messages just a blank window with Appcontroller title. Any ideas?

Hi matt511

What you mean by CTD please?

Is it 100% reproducible?

If so, could you give me more details please?

Thanks,

Premek

Hallo Premek

Can you maybe advise me why split X is only 100% working in prepar3d 2.5 and not in earlier versions

of prepar3d', in my opinion it should (must) be mentioned this on product page of aerosoft.

can you pls advise if Prague airport will also only be 100% working when using V2.5 and V2.4 is not supported.

because sure we will see on product page V2.xxx which is unuseful information for many customers.

Hi Nick.

Can You please describe how did You turned off sound of the aircraft?

Thanks

Has

Hey guys,

for me the best solution to eliminate the aircraft sound generated by apcontroller is to delete the sound files ai_singleprop01.wav and xai_singleprop01.wav (make a backup first) in the main sound folder of p3dv2 (for me p3dv2.4), so unfortunately you delete the sound attached to the ai singleprop aircrafts too, but this, for me, is the only solution of this boring sound, waiting for a official fix of apcontroller, hello, GR

• 1 month later...

I have just purchase SplitX yesterday, and now find that Airport Controller is running all the time in the background when I am using FSX, regardless of where I am or what I am doing. Whenever I load a flight it starts, not just when at Split. Why is this always there? Why should I have extra things running in the background when I am not even using Split??

I have just purchase SplitX yesterday, and now find that Airport Controller is running all the time in the background when I am using FSX, regardless of where I am or what I am doing. Whenever I load a flight it starts, not just when at Split. Why is this always there? Why should I have extra things running in the background when I am not even using Split??

It sits there but consume almost no resources - just watching whether you're not going to Split and if so, becomes active first then.

It sits there but consume almost no resources - just watching whether you're not going to Split and if so, becomes active first then.

Well I think it is unacceptable for a developer to think that they can make an addon for one single airport and then have something running in the background continuously all the time that FS is running, just for their one airport that you aren't even using!

• Deputy Sheriffs

Airpox,

if you would have followed the Split and Prague topics here you would have known that the APC will be part of many airports to come in the future. Split just happens to be the first one.

I really wonder why you think this is "unacceptable". Your sim starts dozens of threads in the background and you aren't complaining about them. But if one add-on does so, it's like a catastrophe for you.

Have you ever wondered what your browser, anti virus software of even graphics board drivers are doing in the background?

If a software developer decides to export certain functionality into a separate windows service, he sure have his reason for it. And this is most definitely not to ruin you system!

Airpox,

if you would have followed the Split and Prague topics here you would have known that the APC will be part of many airports to come in the future. Split just happens to be the first one.

I really wonder why you think this is "unacceptable". Your sim starts dozens of threads in the background and you aren't complaining about them. But if one add-on does so, it's like a catastrophe for you.

Have you ever wondered what your browser, anti virus software of even graphics board drivers are doing in the background?

If a software developer decides to export certain functionality into a separate windows service, he sure have his reason for it. And this is most definitely not to ruin you system!

I shouldn't have to follow forum threads when buying a piece of software to find out in advance if it is going to run additional untilities continuously even when I am not using that addon that I am buying.

I don't have issue with the addon running things when I am using that airport, but its not acceptable to have something that runs all the time whenever you are using FSX regardless of where you are flying or what you are doing.

I know exactly what my browser, anti-virus and graphics board drivers are doing in the background thanks.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Well, if it is not acceptable for you then don't buy it. As I said, there will be more airports to come in the future making use of this service.

• Deputy Sheriffs

When not being used by any airport the APC consumes NO CPU load and I really don't care about the 20 MB with having 16 GB in the system. As It is an own Windows service it has it's own address space and doesn't use precious FSX/P3D VAS at all.

post-92344-0-13599300-1434791016_thumb.p

• Deputy Sheriffs

And to add: You have no idea how many dlls from other addons are loaded, even when you do not use them ;)

• Deputy Sheriffs

And to add even more: the difference between the standard way (simple dlls) to inject custom code into the FSX/P3D and the APC is, that the APC comes with it's own memory space. And that's an ADVANTAGE!

Thanks for all that information.

So I guess all Aerosoft need to do is clearly state when a product is Airport Controller reliant.

That way customers can make the decision to buy or not.

This was not the case with Split and from the many threads that ran customers clearly, initially, believed it to be a 'normal' scenery.

regards

Kelvin

Well I think it is unacceptable for a developer to think that they can make an addon for one single airport and then have something running in the background continuously all the time that FS is running, just for their one airport that you aren't even using!

Hi Airprox

ANY ADD-ON you can find in exe.xml or dll.xml IS RUNNING ALL THE TIME the FSX is running.

That's nothing uncommon. What shall I tell more?

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hi Premek,

I think the problem is, that most simmers do not look regularly into their exe.xml and dll.xml files, but quite often into their task manager.

I don't think that it is necessary to make any changes in the product description in the shop. It already states

• PAD-Labs new „Advance Power Lighting“ (in short APL), natural lighting of the Apron without using night textures

So, from this can be already taken that some new technology is included.

Some people here mistake a new module showing up in their task manager and the fact that there were some support topics about it here with "this module is evil".

You are doing a great (not to say outstanding) support job here Premek. Don't listen too much to the few people who don't understand too much about the sim and it's modules.

I am really looking forward to all other airports coming up in the future with the APC, Prague as the next one :)

Tom.

Archived