"Exceptional" Go-Around fix (unofficial & unsupported)

As per Joshua's post here:

http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/94280-go-around-phase-autopilot-malfunction/?p=675378

here are the AP1Disp.xml's from hotfix 1.21d.

Unofficial, unsupported, and only briefly checked (very briefly ...) during a single go-around at Bristol rwy 27 in the A319 CFM (no MAP as per the navdata displayed in the Airbus MCDU - that's an error in the navdatabase in use). A/P worked correctly through all flight phases, including the go-around, A/C climbed in selected (rwy) HDG ("straight ahead") up to the M/A altitude* for a level-off.

(* The Airbus checklist requires a "generic" M/A altitude of 5.000 in this case = a missing MAP in the navdata; the RW G/A altitude is 3.000 ft instead. No big deal: Dial in 5.000 ft in the FCU, and dial back to 3.000 ft when the checklist has been finished. If the MAP had been included correctly in the navdatabase, then the Airbus checklist would have required the precise RW G/A altitude of 3.000 ft to be set.)

AP1Disp.xml for the A318/319:

AP1Disp.xml

goes into:

(...)\FSMainFolder\SimObjects\Airplanes\Aerosoft Airbus A318_A319 Base\Panel_Fallback\AB_Systems

I vaguely feel that both files are one and the same (still have to go into two different locations for the respective Airbus products), but just for completeness:

AP1Disp.xml for the A320/321:

AP1Disp.xml

goes into:

(...)\FSMainFolder\SimObjects\Airplanes\Aerosoft Airbus A320_A321 Base\Panel_Fallback\AB_Systems

(Post edited - by Aerosoft's request - to clarify that the RW MAP is missing due to an omission in the navdata (an older NavDataPro cycle), and not because of an(~other :P) Airbus bug.)

Climbout in the A319 IAE with the fix in selected heading, later in the climb changed into NAV: The bus failed to turn towards the active waypoint, and climbed straight ahead instead. Side effect of the fix?

G/A on short final EDDF07C didn't work, either: Bus dived into the runway.

Another positive report here:

http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/94746-missed-approach-procedure-for-v130/?p=675532

A "mixed bag", I'd say.

EDIT:

See the results of my retest below.

I have a saved flight (final) for ILS training. When i load the flight, the fields THR RED/ACC at the Go Around page are empty.

When i go around, and the fields are empty, the aircraft switch to TOGA / LOC / GS. So it stays in the LOC / GS modes.

If i enter a value into both fields before go around (probably ACC would be enough), the aircraft switch into TOGA / SRS / NAV as it shall and the go around works well.

Maybe this was the case at your EDDF go around?

You have also to be below your thrust acceleration altitude. Otherwise the aircraft will also stay in LOC / GS mode. If you are above your ACC altitude, i would use the discontinued approach procedure.

The retest of the G/A at EDDF07C was successful!

The 'straight ahead' bug in NAV did not reoccur and the G/A was ok also.

Since no saved flight had been involved in my 1st attempt, I am suspecting a flawed initialization of the bus due to an 'impure' A/C load (the Airbus loaded on top of another 'complex' aircraft). My apologies for the "false alarm".

Overall I'm more optimistic about the fix again.

Just confirm this has fixed the go around phase for you guys? and have you noticed if this fix has caused problems in other phases of flight?

Had the issue with 1.30e that when initiating a go around, the plane would remain at LAND mode and would have a horrible crash agianst the runway. Tested this hotfix and worked perfectly, thanks.

• 3 weeks later...

Tested on LFMN : works well for me , now aicraft is climbing to selected altitude and following the GO path.

Thank you :excellenttext_s:

• 4 weeks later...

Archived