Split X Strange sound on FSX welcome screen

CTN

Hello Nyxx,

we checked SplitX it again on several System and we didn't find any influence on the PMDG.

Maybe your PMDG Problem is caused by anythig else.

The AirportController places objects into FSX.

In future the AirportController will also be used by some other sceneries.

If the AirportController will be removed by unistalling SplitX all other sceneries using the AirportController will not longer work.

That's the reason we decided not to remove it by the SplitX uninstaller.

Thanks for the reply.

"If the AirportController will be removed by unistalling SplitX all other sceneries using the AirportController will not longer work"

Its the only airport with it, its a test bed. So removing it would not be a problem at all, at this moment in time. Only and only when its included in other airports.

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/465117-this-could-be-ground-breaking-news-for-p3dfsx/page-2#entry3204400

I will reinstall the 737 and report back.

Can you please tell me how to remove the AirportController?

Have you had any reports from people using P3d with these sound problems?

Thanks

Dave.

OK,

I re installed the PMDG NG and can report sounds came back all seems to be well again. Still the sound problem but when selecting the NG the sounds went unlike before.

I Did a Process explorer on the PMDG NG rwy 5 with no airport installed, in the VC VAS was 1265 and after going though all views VAS was 1401

Re-installed Split X

Rwy 5 PMDG NG in VC VAS was 2226 and after all view 2467, so the airport seems to use 1gb of VAS, seems a lot for a small airport imo.

Hello Nyxx,

we checked SplitX it again on several System and we didn't find any influence on the PMDG.

Maybe your PMDG Problem is caused by anythig else.

The AirportController places objects into FSX.

In future the AirportController will also be used by some other sceneries.

If the AirportController will be removed by unistalling SplitX all other sceneries using the AirportController will not longer work.

That's the reason we decided not to remove it by the SplitX uninstaller.

But what to do when i like to decide by 'myself' to uninstall the AirportController.

Untill now i only have problems in FSX after the installation of Split X.

Problems with the sound, the light and trees at Split when i use GSX, and when i fly online with Ivao i don't see other aircraft anymore.

And i'm not the only one as i can see in severeal postings here at the forum....

Ad

• Administrator

Hello Ad,

if you don't want to start the AirportController you can do one of the following things:

Remove the entry for AirportController from the file exe.xml.

This file is located in the folder

C:\users\[user Name]\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX.
You should also find a file exe_xml.bak. This is a backup copy of your exe.xml before Split X was installed. You can rename this file to 'exe.xml' to get the Situation before Split was installed on your Computer.

The AirportController will not longer started automatically when you run FSX.

The second.

Remove the entry for the AirportController from your FSX.cfg

Open your FSX.cfg with an Editor

Search for the section [Trusted]

Delete the line for AirportController like this:

[Your FSX Installation path]\Aerosoft\AirportController\AirportController.exe.kjhfiuzausdhfcauhhfuahsu=4

After you did so FSX will ask you everytime you run FSX to start the AirportController. If you click "No" the AirportController will not be started.

But keep in mind SplitX will not work properly without the AirportController is started.

Hello Guenter,

Many thanks for your reaction.

At first i'll use the second option and wait for an update of Split X

Ad

Nyxx, JohnF, Niclas.J and Mladen

I'm still not succesful to identify what causes the issue as I cannot reproduce it on our computers.

Therefore - may I guys ask you to send me following files from your computer incl. info what version of sim are you running to 'support at xht-labs dot com' please?
- fsx.cfg
- scenery.cfg
- dll.xml
- exe.xml
I'd like to identify if an interference with any add-on could cause this issue and your config files will be definitely big help for me.
Till now I've got config files only from three users (many thanks to them) and want to have better base for finding.
Many thanks,
Premek
EDIT [12-May-2015]: Files are no more need guys - bug is fixed and will be included in patch.

• 1 year later...

Archived