Split X Strange sound on FSX welcome screen

CTN

Hi

After installing SplitX I notice that every time when I start FSX and try to change Time, Location or plane, strange sound appears and does not stop until loading current flight.

It looks like some kind of engine sound , like helicopter.

Did somebody notice that phenomena.

Thanks

FSX (not Steam)

D.

I Just installed Split and I get the micolight engine sounds in fsx playing in the opening window, never ever had that before, also it kills all sounds in the PMDG 737.

Uninstalled the airport and now I cannot get PMDG 737 sounds back, so glad I tried this on my work PC first.

Not good. Not good at all.

• Administrator

Hello,

it seems FSX plays the Sound of the airplane just loaded when you enter a menu in the opening Screen.
When you start FSX with the opening screen it's the airplane which is defined in the "Default flight".

We will check it.

• Administrator

Hello Nyxx,

what exactly do you mean with '.. it kills all sounds of PMDG 737'?

We tested Split X explicit with the PMDG 737 and just checked it again.
We didn't find any Problem with the sounds or anything else of the PMDG

Hello Guenter

Well,

Ive now un-installed the airport and rebooted PC, so you would think everything would be back to normal.

The sounds still play on the opening screen.

The only thing Ive installed into fsx in the last 2 weeks is this airport. When loading the PMDG 737 all the sound e.g switchers have lost any sounds they normaly make.

I loaded the Airbus 318 and all seems fine.

But even now after the un-install Ive lost all PMDG 737 sounds.

So even after a reboot and un-install its screwed FSX up.

I have no idea how to put this right. I also notice when entering a flight on my second screen there is a box that flashers in the bottom left corner, could not see any text or just what it was doing but something was going off.

So at the moment am left with the problem it coursed by installing it with the opening windows engine sounds and the PMDG is now INOP.

EDIT:

Just cleaned my registry in the hope that would help and now it's like this!

The sounds have stopped on the opening screen but when I press Select location, the second I press to change airport the engine sounds begin.

This appears to be related to the APController, if it is disabled in the exe.xml (FSX) the problem goes away, when enabled the problem re-appears.

May I ask anyone experiencing this issue to send following files/info to address 'support at xht-labs dot com' with subject 'Split sound issue':

fsx.cfg

scenery.cfg

exe.xml

dll.xml

and then operating system and fsx/p3d version you use

Thanks!

I'm confused...

Nyxx wrote uninstall does not help, John wrote it's good enough to disable APcontroller in exe.xml

Guys may I please ask you to send files as mentioned before?

Hi,

I'm also confirming that after uninstall of Split X the sounds still play on the opening screen.

Also already sent my files to support email which you gave us.

Rgds,

Davorin

Just started FSX, sounds play at Free Flight screen. In Task Manager turned off APcontroller, sound still playing. Selected another aircraft and the sounds stopped. Tried changing weather, location, time, and there were no sounds any more.

Mladen

<Launch.Addon>
<Name>XHT.APController</Name>
<Disabled>True</Disabled>
<ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad>
<Path>D:\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Aerosoft\AirportController\APController.exe</Path>
</Launch.Addon>
</SimBase.Document>

Disabling the APController quits the sound played on opening screen, confirmed.

Killing the APController on Task manager when FSX running doesn't kill the sound on opening screen, FSX has to be restarted.

Rgds,

Davorin

I cannot find the Launch addon...

I deleted fills call dll_xml_split and FSX_Split. That uninstalling did not remove.

Deleted my config and when it asked to run APController I clicked no, the sounds stopped but the PMDG has still lost all sounds.

​I thought this might be down to this "new tech" but it turns out it was not included so just what is going on?

What is the APController controlling? and why does it screw the PMDG up? Also Can you explain why the un-installer does not remove the APcontroller? Becasue I still have it some were and it still wants control over fsx.

Where is it so I can remove it?

Ever time I start FSX its there wanting to be verified it only came with Slpit just why was it not removed when un-installed?

If it has no new tech after all, why all these problems? Help me understand as what its doing ive never seen in an addon airport.

Thanks

• Administrator

Hello Nyxx,

we checked SplitX it again on several System and we didn't find any influence on the PMDG.

Maybe your PMDG Problem is caused by anythig else.

The AirportController places objects into FSX.

In future the AirportController will also be used by some other sceneries.

If the AirportController will be removed by unistalling SplitX all other sceneries using the AirportController will not longer work.
That's the reason we decided not to remove it by the SplitX uninstaller.

Hi Guenter

Did You confirm the problem with sound play at FSX opening screen as reported by guys here?

I would like to buy your scenery but I don't want to risk FSX corruption in any way.

Thanks

Has

• Administrator

Hi Has,

it's right. If you enter a menu in the opening screen in FSX the Sound of the active airplane will be played.

But nothing else happens.
Everything else works normal in FSX and as soon as you start your flight all sounds will be played as usual.
We try to find out why this happens.

Archived