Problem with Split X: Trees disappearing with GSX active and Standard FSX

Qseries

Hello,

first I'd like to thank you for your great looking Split scenery.

But I have to report a bug which appears (reproducable) on my system. When I initialize FSDT GSX, (by opening the GSX menu and requesting any action) the vegetation of Split X disappears.

To research the cause of the problem, I tried a few things: If the vegetation has disappeared due to requesting something from GSX, and I reopen the APcontroller.exe from \Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Aerosoft\AirportController folder, the vegetation appears again normally, but then, some GSX vehicles disappear.

As stated before, I can reproduce this issue - so I'm quite sure that there is an incompatibility between the airport controller which injects the vegetation of Split X, and the couatl engine which drives the GSX objects. It would be really nice if that issue could be fixed.

Thank you :)

PS: Please feel free to contact me if you need more information about the problem.

Hi Qseries,

Is it just trees what disappears? Do you have lights, papi and windsock?

Could anyone other confirm having similar issues when running GSX

FYI, the APController.exe can sometimes remain in memory after you shutdown FSX/P3D ... especially if you have an OOM or CTD. If you get close to OOM (even though FSX/P3D shutdown normally) the APController.exe can also stay in memory even after shutdown.

It's a good idea to check with Process Explorer (or similar) to check there is no APController.exe still running.

I had a similar problem with GSX and ASN ... turned out APController.exe had two instances running.

Cheers, Rob.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Thanks for this info Rob.

Same thing happens with other addons too. And as the normal user never knows what programs/services etc. are called by FSX and are still running after a CTD, it is highly recommended to restart the PC to be sure that all remaining processes are shut down.

Yes, I can assure that only one instance of AirportController is running, and I've never experienced an OOM or other failures of FSX during the last days.

After a closer look, I can confirm that the approach lights are disappearing too.

Thanks Rob. That's interesting as the APC should not allow two instances of itself running concurrently. I'll look at it anyway.

Thanks Qseries - please could you send me your email address to PM? Thanks.

May I ask anyone experiencing this issue to send following files/info to address 'support at xht-labs dot com' with subject 'Split lights/trees issue':

fsx.cfg

scenery.cfg

exe.xml

dll.xml

and then operating system and fsx/p3d version you use?

Thanks!

Hi all

Just to let you know that few issues is fixed in code now and some kind of patch will be delivered probably next week.

Please be aware that I'm not sure how guys from Aerosoft will sort this out, so do not ask me for details.

The addressed issues are:

1 - forgotten debug messages for every AI aircraft - fixed

2 - missing objects when you use GSX - this is clash between GSX and APC (bilateral unfortunately) and we "kill" each other. From our side the issue is fixed. Umberto from FSDT was very straightforward and promised fix in GSX code for next release (next weeks was mentioned)

For those sound issues we did some modifications in code which needs to be tested as I'm not able to reproduce it on our (XHT) computers.

Other issues are further investigated as it is hard to reproduce it.

Hence - those who didn't yet - if you can send files mentioned in previous post as well as any other info/detail that can help it will be appreciated.

I'd like to thank all of you sending your configuration files - it really helped.

Premek

thanks for update, waiting for fix what will hopefully solve issues.

it also nice that aerosoft finally stated on their product page, with versions of P3D are supported.

make it lot easier to made correct choice.

Today v1.20 came out and together with the new Couatl 3 beta 2 this issue should be fixed. Unfortunately this is not the case. If you start a flight at night, and call for GSX still the lightning disappears...

• 3 weeks later...

Erik, could you please confirm, when GSX is uninstalled/disabled the Split/APC works okay?

Many thanks,

Habe die 4 Dateien soeben versendet.

Nochmals vielen Dank für deine Mühe.

Ralf

Archived