Split X no lights

airflyer

Hello guys,

have a problem with the new Split X under FSX: Unfortunately I dont have any lights on the airport. No runway or apron lights, neither with DX9 nor DX10.

I already tried reinstalling and manually add the scenery in the library. Of course I installed it as an administrator and deactivated my anti virus software.

The manual doesnt give any solution or a hint on what to take care of.

Thank you for your help

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Now as you said it, i cant see papi and windsock, trees are there though. But maybe these are ORBX trees ( I am running ORBX Global, OpenLC and Vector)?

r4q724sz.jpg

lo6aq97w.jpg

May I ask anyone experiencing this issue to send following files/info to address 'support at xht-labs dot com' with subject 'Split lights/trees issue':

fsx.cfg

scenery.cfg

exe.xml

dll.xml

and then operating system and fsx/p3d version you use?

Thanks!

Regarding light issue I also have same problem.

When installing Split X with SD textures lights are missing. When I install with HD textures lights are there.

Rgds,

Davorin

Can somebody from aerosoft reply why download file on product page is twice as much as download file on server. are we maybe dowload the incorrect file ?

download file on server is 403 mb and download on productpage is 950 mb

looking forward to reply.

For now to get better FPS I've installed Split X with HD textures to get working lights, then I manually copy textures from texture/SD texture folder to texture folder to get lights working. I'm using FSX, not P3D

Rgds,

Davorin

I found out that sometimes loading Split APController is either Not responding or Has stopped working and needs to be closed. You can click debug or close. If you close it, then go into the AirportController folder and start APController again. All lights appear! However on approach sometimes papi go away for a second.

But restarting APController manually fixes it for me in p3d 2.5 on win8.1

I have simobject folder with different light folder inside into same folder as splitX scenery & texture folder.

is this correct ? or is installing procedure for prepar3d maybe not correct, and have to copy content of

aerosoft simobject folders into general simobject folder

dont have FSX on my system so cannot check this.

Have fixed light issue as follows , installed Split as FSX instead of prepar3d option via Estonia Migration tool and everything is there windssocks ,lights , vegation etc.

but when loaded VAS goes up to 3.2 gb with default aircraft, so when loading pmdg or Airbus oom error appeared after 30 seconds

As far as I can see, Installer for Prepar3d is not working correctly to put everything in right place give place lightpoles, vegetation,windsock and runwaylights.

also it looks there is some memery leak, because cannot image that such some airport has VAS of 3.2 with only default aircraft and AI slider on 0%

I have simobject folder with different light folder inside into same folder as splitX scenery & texture folder.

is this correct ? or is installing procedure for prepar3d maybe not correct, and have to copy content of

aerosoft simobject folders into general simobject folder

dont have FSX on my system so cannot check this.

Hi Sydney

Yes, the simobjects are installed under Split folder, that's correct.

thanks for reply, but what is still strange that when installing software , when I choose FSX or Prepar3d

many objects are missing when choosing option P3D. because the same files are placed in same folders.

only thing I can imagine that APcontrol is messing up something.

Can you advise what average VAS use this airport , because until now when my pmdg of airbus

is staying around 20 minutes on airport to make my plane ready for departure OOM error appears.

have already set most options out or to minimum, but when I startup I already have around

3.0 GB used, and this is rising quickly when staying a longer time on airport.

If scenery is loaded via Fsx install option everything is okee, but when choosing Prepar3d

install option, lights and several other objects are not activated.

apcontrol is in both cases active, but it looks that installer from prepar3d don't activate them.

also close and restart apcontrol has no effect.

what can be tricky that this service is Always active even if you do not use split during your flights

as soon you start prepar3d this service is also loaded at any startup, and has to be stopped

manually via services.

Even if the APcontroller is loaded, once you are more then 20 miles from the airport it enters the standby mode and unloads all the objects it loaded for given airport.

That's the feature which helps avoid OOM.

So please do not switch off the APcontroller if you have not issues.

One more point - APcontroller is not a service. And when you can see it in task manager it is active. The issue will be somewhere else.

• Deputy Sheriffs

download file on server is 403 mb and download on productpage is 950 mb

That was a typo. The file is correct and the product page updated.

Archived