Amphib cargo model, new pilots?

Gar_y

Hi,

I'm wondering if there is a way I can get a 300 series Amphib cargo model? If it can't be configured in a file, can Aerosoft find it in their hearts to model one?

Also, are there any pilots other than the default Twotter X pilots that can be used in the Twotter X? I sure wouldn't mind pilots in jump suits and helmets as an alternative.

TIA and Regards

Gary

Hi,

I'm wondering if there is a way I can get a 300 series Amphib cargo model? If it can't be configured in a file, can Aerosoft find it in their hearts to model one?

Also, are there any pilots other than the default Twotter X pilots that can be used in the Twotter X? I sure wouldn't mind pilots in jump suits and helmets as an alternative.

TIA and Regards

Gary

what your referring to would be remaking the model of the aircraft and updating the flight dynamics to match which would take a long time to do... the pilots can be changed in appearance by changing the textures which is quite doable from a user stand point with some free editing software like GIMP.

what your referring to would be remaking the model of the aircraft and updating the flight dynamics to match which would take a long time to do... the pilots can be changed in appearance by changing the textures which is quite doable from a user stand point with some free editing software like GIMP.

Hi Cap'

Well I'm hoping that Aerosoft spots this thread and thinks differently than you :) I personally can't see it being that hard as quite a few developers have already released products that incorporate cargo models across many variants (wheels, skis, floats,and amphibs) Don't misinterpret this as a whine or a slight but merely as a request. It's a beautiful model and really something I can't see myself not having!

Requesting alternate pilots to me seems also a natural suggestion, seeing that many real world Twin Otter operators are in fact military operators. Are you a repainter yourself cap'? I've tried to add helmets and change the overall appearance of the present pilots but it's not nearly as easy as you suggest. It appears that making the present pilots look like they are wearing helmets is rather a daunting task.

Gary

Hi Cap'

Well I'm hoping that Aerosoft spots this thread and thinks differently than you :) I personally can't see it being that hard as quite a few developers have already released products that incorporate cargo models across many variants (wheels, skis, floats,and amphibs) Don't misinterpret this as a whine or a slight but merely as a request. It's a beautiful model and really something I can't see myself not having!

Requesting alternate pilots to me seems also a natural suggestion, seeing that many real world Twin Otter operators are in fact military operators. Are you a repainter yourself cap'? I've tried to add helmets and change the overall appearance of the present pilots but it's not nearly as easy as you suggest. It appears that making the present pilots look like they are wearing helmets is rather a daunting task.

Gary

No worries, I have done modelling and texturing for FS before but due to work, I can't find the time. It's hard when you are on duty 14hrs and flying 10/day. It comes at a significant cost to pay modellers to make new variants when the funds could be spent on new projects. adding helmets is a model thing. jumpsuits can be textured.

Gotta run,

Cya!

It comes at a significant cost to pay modellers to make new variants when the funds could be spent on new projects. adding helmets is a model thing. jumpsuits can be textured.

Gotta run,

Cya!

I feel I must quote myself, my original question having been "Also, are there any pilots other than the default Twotter X pilots that can be used in the Twotter X?" meaning 'are there any other existing pilots textures that can be swapped out for the civilian pilots?' And sure! If there aren't any and somebody who knows can make a texture, please feel free to do so. (I wouldl prefer someone from Aerosoft to answer this one)

Archived