Before Takeoff checklist - TCAS ... action

rangerobert

Hi there.

Be patient everyone, pls. I'm trying to learn how to drive the bus ...

Before Takeoff Checklist, A320 CFM. What am I supposed to do when PM calls for an action titled "TCAS"? I turn the knob below the transponder window clockwise down to the very last position TA/RA, but ... nothing happens and the CL stops there. For sake of clarity, left WXR panel is set as follows: Multiscan and GCS on AUTO, Gain on CAL and Tilt on 0, Sys on 1 and Mode on WX+T. If I set as ON (active) my Pilot Monitoring, on the same call nothing happens different from above ... but checklist goes on regularly, even though ALL controls seem to be exactly as I have described. Where am I wrong? I tried to play with setup on left panel for "TILT ABOVE, etc", but same result.

Thx for a clarification
roberto

Hi there.

Be patient everyone, pls. I'm trying to learn how to drive the bus ...

Before Takeoff Checklist, A320 CFM. What am I supposed to do when PM calls for an action titled "TCAS"? I turn the knob below the transponder window clockwise down to the very last position TA/RA, but ... nothing happens and the CL stops there. For sake of clarity, left WXR panel is set as follows: Multiscan and GCS on AUTO, Gain on CAL and Tilt on 0, Sys on 1 and Mode on WX+T. If I set as ON (active) my Pilot Monitoring, on the same call nothing happens different from above ... but checklist goes on regularly, even though ALL controls seem to be exactly as I have described. Where am I wrong? I tried to play with setup on left panel for "TILT ABOVE, etc", but same result.

Thx for a clarification

roberto

Hi roberto as you are new to the airbus you could use the co pilot function of the airbus and the PM would do it for you but when he says TILT above you need to set the Tilt on the Tcas panel to ABV

On 9 Section set it you see a "knob" on that can be put in ABV/N/BLW you need to set it to ABV when the PM asks for it

... as you are new to the airbus you could use the co pilot function of the airbus and the PM would do it for you ...

On 9 Section set it you see a "knob" on that can be put in ABV/N/BLW you need to set it to ABV when the PM asks for it

PERFECT! Grazie, Bruno. Thx a lot. It was exactly the clue I just needed. I didn't realize that the very small 3-way switch on the left of "7" key was operative. And I did not find a clue on the Step-by-Step guide as well. As you said, I'm relatively new to the Bus and I use extensively the help from co-pilot, but now I'm trying to move to a more realistic simulation, and just doing by myself, by Learning what the PM does in the CLs.

Really appreciate your advise. It's going to be soon BEST ANSWER, I guess.

roberto

Archived