Oslo Torp and P3d - Terrible Performance

ridgey

I have not been involved in these other scenerys but they might use a similar method. I see you mention a driver upgrade fixed the issue on HTKJ. Did this apply to Torp as well? :-)

Sadly no, the only fix was to remove the gr_lights.bgl. Did LM ever get back to you at what might be the cause?

Cheers, Rob.

EDIT: there are other airports that exhibit stutters ... it's hit an miss and I wish I had an answer. For example Taxi2Gate KSEA is very smooth no issues and that's a very complex airport in a very complex area. Yet a very simple airport from say Orbx YBUD or even Split X can cause major stutters.

LM don't support ASM based scenery which will cause issues like this. I'm NOT saying you are using such methods, and it's not the only source for stutters, some types on animation/FX can also cause stutters.

Alright. No, still no answer from LM. Well, I did some ASM tweaks in the FSX version - however there are none in the P3D version, as they do not even show up correctly. The only custom animation at Torp X are the rwy guard lights, which are not located in gr_lights.bgl.

Thanks for your great feedback, Rob. I do find this extremely frustrating and I know we'll figure it out eventually.

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...

Hi,

No update yet. It's a tough one to fix as I'm not experiencing the issue myself. Does this happen with P3D v 3.2 as well for those of you affected? 

The only solution still is to deactivate the gr_lights.bgl. If the problem still persists with the latest P3D I'd have to implement entire new taxi lights for the airport using another method, which will take some time. 

16 hours ago, Joakim Tychesen said:

Hi,

No update yet. It's a tough one to fix as I'm not experiencing the issue myself. Does this happen with P3D v 3.2 as well for those of you affected? 

The only solution still is to deactivate the gr_lights.bgl. If the problem still persists with the latest P3D I'd have to implement entire new taxi lights for the airport using another method, which will take some time. 

Hi there,

About to test again in p3d v3.2, however even with migration tool, installation is tricky.. I can;t run the config tool as I get an error when applying seasons etc. Any quick plans to update installers?

On 4/23/2016 at 10:40 AM, ridgey said:

Hi there,

About to test again in p3d v3.2, however even with migration tool, installation is tricky.. I can;t run the config tool as I get an error when applying seasons etc. Any quick plans to update installers?

Please check out this post: 

Very glad to hear the performance issue is solved with v3! :-)

Archived