Decent Procedure TOD

I understand when at TOD I dial in the alt i want and push the button. However, i does not seem to follow the STAR altitude restrictions. It blows through all of them. Is there a way to force this to happen or do I have do the step downs?

• Deputy Sheriffs

How exactly does it "blow" the constraints? Is it below an "at or above" constraint? Is is above or below an "at" constraint? Is it above an "at or below" constraint?

Best would be a screenshot of your PFD and ND (with enabled constraints) to really see what you mean.

Of course along with some information about your flight plan (like destination, runway, star, latest way point of route)

If I am at crz and reach tod, what alt to I enter to start? Is it the first waypoint contraint? Or the last approach alt? I dont see what should be set?

ok yer thats whet I do managed mode with the correct constraints never had this issue, does it happen every time? did you push or pull the alt knob? should enter DES on the PFD not OP DEC

No, it doesn't happen every time, on some flights it works and on some other flights never works correctly! For example try the flight LFBZ Biarritz-LFLB Chambéry FL380 A318 CFM Star Roma7R Ils 18Z 109.50 CRS 176 Trans Virie, 5000 Feet on the alt knob when you initiate descent procedure, you will see that the plane is always too high when you land and never capture the glide to 5000 feet! Yes i push the alt knob to initite descent and enter DES on the PFD.

Archived