The old "IAE initial climb power problem" occurs again

Hello,

I decided to test take off today with the same A321 IAE and take off.

And it took off like a charm. No problems at all. Strange indeed!

Tested hotfix 1.30c today EKCH to ENVA and there is really improvements!!

Takeoff and climb was no problem from EKCH and best of all, the A321 IAE had no problem holding the approach into ENVA with this metar using ASN:

ENVA 221950Z 28030G40KT 9999 FEW017 BKN020 07/05 Q1004 REDZ RMK WIND 670FT 29037G51KT

No speed-warnings at all during the very gusty approach. The autothrottle worked like it was well paid.

Now I am happy :) Thank you for your effort!

Hello,

I decided to test take off today with the same A321 IAE and take off.

And it took off like a charm. No problems at all. Strange indeed!

However, A321 IAE is still really really slow on climb before climb thrust, just arround 140 knots - plane barely hanging in the air. With 320 CFM I have at this moment arround 160 knots...

• Deputy Sheriffs

However, A321 IAE is still really really slow on climb before climb thrust, just arround 140 knots - plane barely hanging in the air. With 320 CFM I have at this moment arround 160 knots...

Ever thought that you are talking about totally different engine types? :rolleyes:

You simply can't compare a large A321 with a smaller A320 with different engines.

Sorry guys, but this discussion starts to get useless, when you have no idea what you are talking about.

E.g. read this one

The A319 CFM is fitted with 27K Thrust while the A319 IAE is fitted with 23.5K Thrust. If you are wondering why the difference, you can search the forums for that answer.

Sorry to mess this thread - I am not an expert. But A321 IAE should have at least 30-33K thrust, which is way more then 27K of A319 CFM! If I am wrong, I will delete my posts. Thank you! :)

• Deputy Sheriffs

Sorry to mess this thread - I am not an expert. But A321 IAE should have at least 30-33K thrust, which is way more then 27K of A319 CFM! If I am wrong, I will delete my posts. Thank you! :)

Does the A321 also have the same weight and drag as the A319? Apples and oranges here.

And just to stay on topic, I can not verify or reproduce bad climb performance. And boy did I try.

Does the A321 also have the same weight and drag as the A319? Apples and oranges here.

And just to stay on topic, I can not verify or reproduce bad climb performance. And boy did I try.

Ok, thanks for your replies. I don't want to spam here my opinions - I just wanted to learn how things should work, and the climb performance of A321 IAE seemed very poor to me (as I said - barely above 145 knots most times). If that is normal behaviour, I am happy to learn it. Is there anything I can do? I guess I can provide flight recorder data etc.

• Deputy Sheriffs

A video would be best. The PFD, ND and upper and lower ECAMs should be in it. That way we can maybe see where it all goes wrong for you.

Archived