CFD - Non Hamachi Connection

Benjamin H

Hi!

I am really excited by the new feature in the SP3 of the bus, but unfortunately I have not gotten it to work with anyone yet (tried with 3 people, same result).

I have opened 6881 and 6881+1 (I guess that equals to 6882) in our router.

Windows Firewall is off, checked that I receive packages from my friend using smartsniff.

Before all the questions, yes I have read through all of the threads in this section of the forum, and the fun

thing to mention is that we are getting CONN. ERROR on one side (slave) and NOT CONNECTED on the other (master).

Although Joshua mentioned that there were no possible connection when this ocurred, we actually got some kind of connection. I had flight

controls over my friends plane, and some buttons and switches were in fact working.

He checked with smartsniff and he received my 6881 and 6882 packages (do not know if packages is technically correct, but I will use that :) ), and the same

happened on my computer so there should not be anything stopping our connection. He also port forwarded in his router, disabled router as well as windows firewall with the

same result.

Any suggestions? I really wan't to avoid a connection through Hamachi even though this seemed more difficult than ever expected to get working.

Ben

Hi,

SmartSniff isnt the "correct" way to check as it only checks for TCP packets.

Try for both of you:

http://packetsender.com/#Download

Set the listener of PacketSender to 6881 for both of you and try sending UDP Packets to each other. Confirm you both are receiving it. After, check the second port as well 6882.

If two way connection is successful, then connectivity is not the issue here. If so, then make sure you both uninstall completely the Airbus, then re install SP3 + HF1.30a.

After which if still failed, attach and zip SharedConfig.log which can be found C:\Users\YourName\Documents\Aerosoft\Airbus.

Me and my friend tried doing it non-hamachi at first as we both don't like using hamachi as it has its own perils. However after trying everything we could think of we could not get it to work with non-Hamachi. The only way we could get a connection was through Hamachi unfortunately. Everything you listed, we tried to no avail.

P.S.

hamachi is a lot easier now, than it used to be back in the day before logmein bought it out.

Thanks for the reply, Joshua. I will do a test together with my friend tomorrow using packetsender to

see if we receive 6881 and 6882 :)

I will write another reply tomorrow on how it did and if it did not work out I will add my SharedConfig as

an attachment for you.

Thanks again,

Ben

I am using "Not Hamachi" enviroment with some pilots on internet :D

so. ports are ok. we used WireShark and Packet Sender. - I am part of network enginner -

still some Instruments, Alt, Throttle lever, Flap and Gear lever didn't sync.

JoyStick, Rudder, PFD, ND, Speed, VertSpeed and HDG worked.

we still don't know what we need.

may be, port 6881/UDP and 6882/UDP are not enough for that.

this is video on our "Not Hamachi" enviroment yesterday.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9up6wYnhX1M

P. S. I can't understand, many people are using Hamachi without security. especially "allow all" thing. hmm

We had some issues with Packetsender. Sometimes it worked, sometimes it did not, so it seems like

we may have a connection issue between our computers. We will continue to do some testing, and hopefully manage

to get it to work.

I am not home at the moment, but when I get back I will attach the file for you, Joshua.

Zephyr RU, sent you a PM ;)

Here is the SharedConfig for you Joshua. I manually edited the file to exclude my friends public IP (XX.XXX.XXX.X) ;)

My apologies, I need the SharedDetails.log, not SharedConfig.

Received, deleted your log so the IP aren't floating on the internet. Without the slave log, I am unable to get a full picture.

After analyzing the log, there are a few conclusions I came to:

Master (seems to be you)

1. have no problems receiving on PORT 6882. (Assuming firewall rules didn't change since the start of the log)

2. likely will have no problems with PORT 6881 receiving as well. (again assuming configured correct firewall rules)

Slave
1. Slave have no problems sending on PORT 6882. (Likely he has no problem sending on PORT 6881 either).

So conclusion thus far:
1. Master - Inbound ok, Outbound unknown.
2. Slave - Inbound unknown, Outbound ok.

To solve the last part of the mystery, send the slave log, or test with another person to confirm your outbound is fine to isolate to a slaves inbound issue.

Hi, and thanks for your detailed reply regarding our connection.

We made a pretty simple mistake. During all our testing one of us had his configurator set to 6882 instead

of 6881.

He changed it to 6881, but the MCDU still said NOT CONNECTED and CONN. ERROR. But there were a significant difference. We had

noticeable connection since I were able to control his plane with my joystick (and he was able as well when he was master). But that were about

everything that worked.

I will attach both my log and my friends log (slavelog).

SharedDetails.log.zip

We managed to get it to work with this post: http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/94186-connectionproblems/#entry673419

Forwarded 6881-6882 UDP and 55000-62000 UDP and got CONN. OK without Hamachi. The strange thing is that I had to be the master when

we connected otherwise we got the CONN. ERROR (when I was connecting as slave).

Any idea who of us has the issue when I have to be the master to be able to connect with my friend?

hi.

tonight we(Kleus and me) found something for Non-Hamachi network. i still don't know that is for AIRBUS or not.

look destination of blue area. IP address is 255.255.255.255. that's broadcast address for same Network address. and Destination ports are between 6115-6122.red area.

when that's situation, 2 nodes must be in same IP network.

port-forwarding on FW or router will never work. cause different network addresses over the internet session.

that packets were from AIRBUS session? or others? I cannot be sure yet.

non-hamachi-problem01.png

it was from this situations FSsession. CFD Session 1.

http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/94591-4men-2-airbuses-flights-on-fsopen-server/

• 8 months later...

I will bring this topic back up. Been away for quite some time now, but I am back

with a newly installed P3Dv3 and Airbus. Still in the same situation where I have to be the master in order

to get CONN. OK with my friend (same as before). Otherwise we get NOT CONNECTED and CONN. ERROR.

Joshua, I wrote that we solved it, but in P3D he can not see any movements of the actual aircraft when I am moving the plane (pushback, takeoff etc.).

I see that I have attached our logs from before I became inactive, but that attachment is not working anymore. 

Is it okey for you that I attach our logs here in this thread when we attempt a connection again? You asked for the slave log earlier in this topic, but

I guess I will attach both since it is a new sim and a new version of the actual aircraft. The conclusion last time was:

1. Master - Inbound ok, Outbound unknown.
2. Slave - Inbound unknown, Outbound ok. (quoted you earlier) 

Benny,

A lot has changed since last April, including several updates. The current version is 1.31. If you don't have that version, please download and install.

Your logs didn't attach, however they are not really needed any longer, just a good explanation of what the Master and Slave are seeing / experiencing.

Are you both using Port Forwarding?

4 hours ago, DaveCT2003 said:

Benny,

A lot has changed since last April, including several updates. The current version is 1.31. If you don't have that version, please download and install.

Your logs didn't attach, however they are not really needed any longer, just a good explanation of what the Master and Slave are seeing / experiencing.

Are you both using Port Forwarding?

Hi, Dave! Thanks for your reply, highly appreciated. Huge thanks to you for all your great

documents. Helped me and my friend a lot trying to get the shared cockpit to function properly.

As I wrote, newly installed (fresh OS) and P3Dv3 install. Of course we have the latest build of 

the bus. We are indeed using port forwarding, but until this day we have never managed to get a flawless connection. Today

we managed it for the first time, We really do not know what we have changed from our previous attempts, but after some

fiddling with different settings in eachothers router (no setting that would our computers at risk) we managed to get CONN. OK both ways and we have done two complete flights

after that. Amazing to finally be able to enjoy CFD. Funny enough we got the CONN. OK when we were about to do the connection that gave us the file that I was planning to attach in this thread. 

No errors in the logs after our shared flights so I guess we are all set for many flights in the future using CFD ;)

Here we are airborne on our first complete flight using CFD!

Please login to display this image.

Happy to hear you guys are up and flying!

Enjoy!

As this topic has been answered, it will be closed. Please open a new topic should you have any addition questions.

Archived