[London Heathrow - Aerosoft] Problem with Runway Textures

Hello,

I bought the new London-Heathrow Scenery for X plane yesterday and it is simply amazing but i have a smal error!

The runway textures don´t appear correctly (as you can see from the attached Images) :(

I tried a lot to fix it(Uninstall/Install again, delete every other Scenery from the custom scenery Folder,etc..) but until now nothing solved the Problem :(

I am using Windows 8 and X plane 10.35 and no error message or other mistake was spotted!

Thanks for Support allready!

post-100614-0-60830200-1429204015_thumb.

post-100614-0-64099500-1429204043_thumb.

Hello Finlay,

can you please send your Log.txt as a file attachement here?

You find it in the X-Plane 10 Root folder.

May be we see the reason in it....

Greets Heinz

Hello,

ok, thank you. But i don't see an important Problem in the log.txt.

You has installed some additionally PlugIns.

An Idea is to deactivate them to see if the problem then disappears.

And than reinstall (may be redownload) the London Heathrow Airport.

Iam not in the office at the time but i will check some more if i am back....

Greets Heinz

sent from tablet

I allready deactivated the plugins once but it didn't solve the Problem :(

May I try downloading it again!

Thanks for the help for so long

Hello ,

unfortunately i cannot retrace it here.

I have tested Heathrow with 3 PC's (Win 7, Win 8 and one MAC with OSX 10.9.5). All works fine.

Do you have an antivir program active during the installation? May be it causes this error...

In the Folder <X-Plane 10 Root folder>\Custom Scenery\Aerosoft - EGLL Airport London-Heathrow\Earth nav data is a file apt.dat.

Please send the size to me here.

And please send the number of files in the Folder "Aerosoft - EGLL Airport London-Heathrow".

So we see if all is installed correctly.

Greets Heinz

No, I don´t have an antivir Software active during Installation!

The apt.dat file has 362kb here and in the "Aerosoft - EGLL Airport London-Heathrow" Folder there are 7.206 datas in 18 Directorys!

Ok, this data are ok...

What you can do as an idea is to update your X-Plane 10 with this Installer/Updater (it repairs corrupted files too):

http://www.x-plane.com/downloads/x-plane_10_installer-updater/

And than reset the preferences:

http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/88148-reset-the-preferences/

If that don't help, i will contact our productmanager. May be, he has an idea...

Greets Heinz

Hi,

When I activate the safedock (i.e. rename the dsf file) I lose the white runway markings. Going back to the no safedock dsf brings back the markings. So maybe the Aerosoft guys can see what's wrong in the safedock file.

Cheers,

Brian

It looks like that the dsf file for the autogate setup requires to check the allow sloped runways setting of x-plane.

Then the white lines of the runways are shown, without you can see the lines shining through the gravel of the runway.

Finlay,

can you install with the installer/Updater (from Post 9) a second copy of X-Plane 10 without any plugin or scenery. If you have enough hd space.

So we are sure to have a clean X-Plane 10.

Than install EGLL in this copy of X-Plane 10 and test it....

• Administrator
Hi,
please download and unzip the attached file and replace the obj files with the originals in the X-Plane 10 Custom Scenery folder

[X-Plane 10]\Custom Scenery\Aerosoft - EGLL Airport London-Heathrow\Objects\Airport\

Does it now work for you?

runway_egll.zip

Hi,

Substituting the obj files seems to have worked for me. I now have rwy markings in both safedock and non-safedock situations.

Brian

Archived