Connectionproblems

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest VATCOM

Can you confirm that you're both using Static INTERNAL IPs, and verify that forwarded ports are to the INTERNAL IPs?

Thanks.

That is correct. You will get this confirmed by the pciture in on of the last posts!

That is correct. You will get this confirmed by the pciture in on of the last posts!

Please find another person who had successfully connected before using port forwarding and try to connect to him (both you and your partner)

Using the method of elimination, you will find that either:

1. You didn't setup the port forwarding correctly.

2. Your partner didn't setup the port forwarding correctly.
3. Both you and your partner didn't setup the port forwarding correctly.

Guest VATCOM

Please find another person who had successfully connected before using port forwarding and try to connect to him (both you and your partner)

Using the method of elimination, you will find that either:

1. You didn't setup the port forwarding correctly.

2. Your partner didn't setup the port forwarding correctly.
3. Both you and your partner didn't setup the port forwarding correctly.

Well in the past two weeks, I've been sending Logs from three different people. So further trying is unnecessary I suppose. I don't even get the sense, why you think my port forwarding is wrong. I've been working with port-forwading and my router as well for a long time now. Why are my other port (forwarded to my PC) working then? #TeamSpeakHoster

I'm absolutely sure, it's not caused by the port forwarding. Something currently goes terribly wrong.... HELP

• Deputy Sheriffs

Yes, something is obviously going terribly wrong on your or your friends side.

But it isn't the CFD as it work fine for really many other people. That means, the problem must be somewhere in the network. Guessing it's the network configuration is not to unlikely here.

Using the method of elimination, ...

As the problem lies somewhere in the communication the logs will not be able to tell you where exactly. They can only tell: some or call communication is missing.

And that's why Joshua suggested the method of elimination. That's the only practical way to come closer to the reason you the network problem on your or your friends side.

So please just try to follow the suggestion.

Guest VATCOM

Yes, something is obviously going terribly wrong on your or your friends side.

But it isn't the CFD as it work fine for really many other people. That means, the problem must be somewhere in the network. Guessing it's the network configuration is not to unlikely here.

As the problem lies somewhere in the communication the logs will not be able to tell you where exactly. They can only tell: some or call communication is missing.

And that's why Joshua suggested the method of elimination. That's the only practical way to come closer to the reason you the network problem on your or your friends side.

So please just try to follow the suggestion.

Hello Tom,

I got your point. I'll work on that to absolutely make sure my ports are open, I'll contact a Network Technician. I know that it can look strange for you developers, as you may not have any idea whats wrong. Me neither, bút what exactly means this "No LVars Table"?

Additionally I got a question. How is this Packet Sender Utility working, I found on the internet and in this forum? Could probably be a base...

Greetngs

Hello Gentlemen,

I'm back, and lucky to announce that my CFD is finally working. I have been reainstalling my whole windows and did all the port things again. What I definetley can say, is that the ports are open and were open before obviously. I don't know what's wrong, but DCT Connect still is not working. Hamachi is, although I'm no fan of it!

I'm out here. G'Day everyone spending time on this....

Hello Gentlemen,

I'm back, and lucky to announce that my CFD is finally working. I have been reainstalling my whole windows and did all the port things again. What I definetley can say, is that the ports are open and were open before obviously. I don't know what's wrong, but DCT Connect still is not working. Hamachi is, although I'm no fan of it!

I'm out here. G'Day everyone spending time on this....

Dough,

Couple of questions.

1. Regarding Port Forwarding, did you use the 2 Guides I wrote? During the past 8+ years of using them for Shared Cockpit Connection Troubleshooting, they have solved 98% of all connection issues. The remaining 2% were either hardware problems with a Router or ISP issues.

2. The Guides go into some detail regarding the setup of the person you're attempting to connect with, and that person proving their setup to you. May I ask how many people you've attempted to connect to?

3. Have the person/people you're attempting to connect with been able to connect with someone else?

4. Please provide the following:

a. Screen shots for the following:

i. Router setup, including 1. Connected devices screen, Port Forwarding Screen, WAN/LAN Seteup, and Security Settings.

ii. Windows Networking & Sharing Center\Local Connection\Details screen.

b. Screen shots of your Windows or Third Party Software Firewall Rules for Connected Flight Deck.

to 4)

a [.199 - is my PC]

4defb9984a.png

b

d34055f32c.png

c

1e50c40147.png

d

b39796d26d.png

e

9cc5859d8c.png

19755584f4.png

c90b93ad8e.png

Greetings Dave. I appreciate you doin' the best you can to help me.

To 1,2,3 & 4:

1) - Yep read them

2) - 3 to 4 people

3) - yes

4) - ABOVE....

just for the record, I recently reinstalled Windows 7, so it's an 3 days old "fresh" system....

Thank you for the information.  Would you please post the information I requested in Step 4.b (Screen shots of your Windows or Third Party Software Firewall Rules for Connected Flight Deck)?  I don't see it in the info you posted.

The good news is that your networking and Port Forwarding are set up correctly.  Let's see if they're working by running a test (please see the Troubleshooting Guide I wrote, there is a test there that will tell us right away if the ports are open).  I think you ran it before, but I might be thinking of someone else... regardless, let's run it again since you have a new install.

Assuming that test passes... I'd guess that the problem resides in your Software Firewall Rules.  Get those resolved and it may very well correct the issue.  If those rules already exist and are correct, and you've completed each step in both the referenced Guides, the problem could be:

1. With your connection to your ISP.  Please perform a speed test to a server close to the physical location of the person you're trying to connect to.

2. Your ISP may be clocking the ports your using (6881/6882). This is HIGHLY UNLIKELY.

3. Finally, the problem could still be with the person you're attempting to connect with.  How sure are you that they've been able to make a successful connection with others?

All things being equal, I'm betting it's your software firewall. 

Thank you for the information.  Would you please post the information I requested in Step 4.b (Screen shots of your Windows or Third Party Software Firewall Rules for Connected Flight Deck)?  I don't see it in the info you posted.

The good news is that your networking and Port Forwarding are set up correctly.  Let's see if they're working by running a test (please see the Troubleshooting Guide I wrote, there is a test there that will tell us right away if the ports are open).  I think you ran it before, but I might be thinking of someone else... regardless, let's run it again since you have a new install.

Assuming that test passes... I'd guess that the problem resides in your Software Firewall Rules.  Get those resolved and it may very well correct the issue.  If those rules already exist and are correct, and you've completed each step in both the referenced Guides, the problem could be:

1. With your connection to your ISP.  Please perform a speed test to a server close to the physical location of the person you're trying to connect to.

2. Your ISP may be clocking the ports your using (6881/6882). This is HIGHLY UNLIKELY.

3. Finally, the problem could still be with the person you're attempting to connect with.  How sure are you that they've been able to make a successful connection with others?

All things being equal, I'm betting it's your software firewall. 

You see the three available "Windows Firewall Rules" as last pictures in my post above. As I do not make use of any additonal third-party firewall or even an antivirus system, this is all I can offer you according to rules.

1. Additionally I'll run those Port-Tests and bring you the result.

2. I think I will make some phone calls to my network technicians of the Vodafone-Company and see what's going on... :D

3. As well as a Speedt Test via Ookla >https://www.google.de/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CCQQFjAAahUKEwiqoqaz9-LGAhVGc3IKHVZfAmI&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.speedtest.net%2Fde%2F&ei=5FupVaqgF8bmyQPWvomQBg&usg=AFQjCNFsOhXkadP6nGBeBS8jAXYDVR4E_g&sig2=DyQS6XsW8wu397wi6GKUHA&bvm=bv.98197061,bs.1,d.bGQ<

Greetings so far Dave.

Great!

That is a very good Speed Test to run... looking forward to seeing the results.

Since you're not using any Anti-Virus or Software Firewall, I'm wondering if you have your Windows Firewall Active?   If so, you'll need to configure it with rules for CFD (or at least confirm they already exist).

I hope the information in my CFD Setup Guide has convinced you to add computer security to your system.  The Free versions of AVAST and AVG have very good computer security suites that include an Anti-Virus and Firewall.  It's free...

Great!

That is a very good Speed Test to run... looking forward to seeing the results.

Since you're not using any Anti-Virus or Software Firewall, I'm wondering if you have your Windows Firewall Active?   If so, you'll need to configure it with rules for CFD (or at least confirm they already exist).

I hope the information in my CFD Setup Guide has convinced you to add computer security to your system.  The Free versions of AVAST and AVG have very good computer security suites that include an Anti-Virus and Firewall.  It's free...

Another try, the three blue lines on my last post, don't you see them? Those are the three Firewall Rules.

Thanks for your suggestions. Well, I can only say I was using AVAST long time, but no longer - According to the fact that I don't need an Anti-Virus-System.

I don't wanna be arrogant and say I know what I'm doin but well.... ;)

Greetings

Ah, yes, I see them.  But they're in German... so I didn't recognize them.  I'll take it that the rules are established correctly.

Yep, they basically allow UDP 6681 & 6882 and Print Services ....

But I think I got an idea, you brought me on. I'll phone up and let run some port tests run over, but powered by the internet provider.... ;)

getting back to you in some hours...

Archived