Connectionproblems

Hello,

i have tested with a friend the new CFD.

We only can switch the Heading, Speed etc. but the status in the FMC shows NOT CONNECTED.

Also other things like FMC, Overhead etc. is not working. ( We only hear some click-sounds )

Can anyone help ?

Regards

Alexander

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Aerosoft

Hello,

i have tested with a friend the new CFD.

We only can switch the Heading, Speed etc. but the status in the FMC shows NOT CONNECTED.

Also other things like FMC, Overhead etc. is not working. ( We only hear some click-sounds )

Can anyone help ?

Regards

Alexander

Have you followed up all the hints and tips here?

Let me add my two cents to this. Me and my friend have been testing it and I've port forwarded e.t.c. but we're not using hamachi. He hasn't port forwarded but I have, and we've exchanged IP's from whatismyip.com .-- We've also left the port at 6881. When I look in wireshark I see him mainly coming through as 6882 which is weird. We can ping each other fine though and could get replies fine.

In my end it says: NOT CONNECTED

On his end it says: CONNECTION ERROR

However, when I'm in as master, I can fly him around and do everything, change buttons e.t.c. and he sees what I do apart from a few things like flaps, gear, lights, sqawk code e.t.c. but thats probably because there is no option to sync panel's. We've swapped position and it had the same effect for him. I could see him doing things e.t.c. So it doesn't seem to be a connection problem. Although I could be wrong.

Thank you...Tom.

-- Also, he can hear things but not see them. It's like the cockpit isn't syncing.

Let me add my two cents to this. Me and my friend have been testing it and I've port forwarded e.t.c. but we're not using hamachi. He hasn't port forwarded but I have, and we've exchanged IP's from whatismyip.com .-- We've also left the port at 6881. When I look in wireshark I see him mainly coming through as 6882 which is weird. We can ping each other fine though and could get replies fine.

In my end it says: NOT CONNECTED

On his end it says: CONNECTION ERROR

However, when I'm in as master, I can fly him around and do everything, change buttons e.t.c. and he sees what I do apart from a few things like flaps, gear, lights, sqawk code e.t.c. but thats probably because there is no option to sync panel's. We've swapped position and it had the same effect for him. I could see him doing things e.t.c. So it doesn't seem to be a connection problem. Although I could be wrong.

Thank you...Tom.

-- Also, he can hear things but not see them. It's like the cockpit isn't syncing.

http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/94036-diagnostics-of-connection-issues/#entry670677

The issues seems really in the connection and not in the Connected Flight Deck.

If you can not ping each other, the connection is NOT okay and CFD will not work.

The ping is showing though correctly though? :chairfall_s:

Same issue here.

We only can switch the Heading, Speed etc. but the status in the FMC shows NOT CONNECTED (on the Master) and CONNECTION ERROR (on the slave)

Also other things like FMC, Overhead etc. is not working. (We only hear some click-sounds)

Enabling UDP 6881 and 6882 is not enough !

Wireshark tests shows that it is trying to sync using ICMP. So you need to find a way to allow PING, after that it is working correctly with ND and buttons in sync !!

Devs, ICMP/PING is not really easy to open on routers (sometimes there is no option), why don't you stick to 6881 that does not appear to be in use at all ???

Same issue here.

We only can switch the Heading, Speed etc. but the status in the FMC shows NOT CONNECTED (on the Master) and CONNECTION ERROR (on the slave)

Also other things like FMC, Overhead etc. is not working. (We only hear some click-sounds)

Enabling UDP 6881 and 6882 is not enough !

Wireshark tests shows that it is trying to sync using ICMP. So you need to find a way to allow PING, after that it is working correctly with ND and buttons in sync !!

Devs, ICMP/PING is not really easy to open on routers (sometimes there is no option), why don't you stick to 6881 that does not appear to be in use at all ???

Not true. UDP only traffic is used.

Not true. UDP only traffic is used.

OK, good to know! Probably there is some overlay from Wireshark.

Here is summary of tests performed tonight:

- port forwarding tested and validated with Packet Sender on UDP-6881 and 6882.

- direct connection shows NOT CONNECTED on Master and ERROR on Slave, but as yesterday we can switch some buttons like Heading or Speed but no sync display.

- when manually change status from ON to OFF, button sync is still working (the connection is not terminated and still sending informations).

We had the possibility to present one of the hosts in the DMZ, meaning all ports are mapped to it and ping is available (not the case in a normal scenario behind a home router). Details about this working configuration:

This is not an acceptable fix as host should not be exposed directly on internet, but just to give information on what is working and what is not.

- as Master host is facing internet directly, forwarding rule was removed.

- when Slave connects to Master, a handshake is performed on dynamic ports ! In our capture, we can see Slave_IP on port 55416 performing handshake to Master_IP on port 57626.

- after that, the communications are done on UDP port 6882, there is nothing on UDP port 6881 (even it is configured in airbus configurator).

- we can also see that the communication on dynamic ports (55416 to 57626) is left open and regular handshakes are performed (heartbit ?).

So, if dynamic ports are used instead of 6881, how it is supposed to work behind a home router?

Please provide information. Port forwarding of 6881-6882 is clearly not enough (only some buttons are in sync and status in FMC is wrong).

Hope our experience can help, and that we can get a working airbus CFD soon!

Thanks

Archived