DO27

wilkin52

Hey fellas,

What kind of speeds are you getting out of the DO27. If I'm in pro mode and looking after the motor I get 90KTS max. Is this typical? SE Alaska is very pretty so I don't mind so much I just wondered what your experiences are?..

Cheers,

Dan.

Hey fellas,

What kind of speeds are you getting out of the DO27. If I'm in pro mode and looking after the motor I get 90KTS max. Is this typical? SE Alaska is very pretty so I don't mind so much I just wondered what your experiences are?..

Cheers,

Dan.

Well,

Definitely not getting 350kias+ like the Dornier Do-335... :lol::P

I usually get 110 - 120 knots in cruise ( 2700 RPM / .72 ata ).

When climbing ( 900 ft/min ) at 3000 RPM / full ata I average 80-100 depending on how much I sped up before doing the steep climbout.

Make sure your carb heat isn't on unless you need it ( low RPMs / descending ) and close your cowl flap.

I think i found what it was. to keep the engine alive you need under 3000 rpm so i was just using the throttle... but now i'm adjusting the prop control to reduce revs and getting a healthy 115KTS

Thanks chaps,

Dan.

I think i found what it was. to keep the engine alive you need under 3000 rpm so i was just using the throttle... but now i'm adjusting the prop control to reduce revs and getting a healthy 115KTS

Thanks chaps,

Dan.