XP10 EGLL Autogate?

Hi I downloaded and installed auto gate plugin and it does not seem to work at all on any of the gates? yet it

does work at other scenery's that do use autogate. any reason why this maybe?

Regards

Ashley

Try this…

Create a folder named plugins inside your Custom Scenery, and save inside it the Auto Gate Plugin. I need make it to get working LOWS from x-plane.at

Remember it will appear in your scenery_packs.ini

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

you have to go into the folder

<X-Plane 10 Root Folder>/Custom Scenery/Aerosoft - EGLL Airport London Heathrow/Earth nav data/+50-010

In this folder there are two dsf files.

Please rename at first the file +51-001.dsf into the name +51-001.no_safegates

Than rename the file +51-001.safegates into the name +51-001.dsf

X-Plane 10 only uses .dsf files and now it uses the dsf file with the safegates ...

For the safegates the plugin AutoGate V 1.60 must be correct installed.

Greets Heinz

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Hello,

On 21.10.2015, 04:05:37, Notator sagte:

Who do we have to sleep with to get the jetways working then?   :)

Well, you need to edit the scenery file using OverlayEditor which can be downloaded here: http://marginal.org.uk/x-planescenery/tools.html

Moreover, you need the "AutoGate kit" from the same website. Please put it into your CustomScenery-folder.

Then you can open the airport in OE and exchange the default jetways by the those in the AutoGate kit. As placing these objects is tricky, I recommend creating a backup of your airport folder.

Greets Tim

• 3 months later...

How about Aerosoft does that once and updates the Product? It is strange and unexpected to just  have the guidance, not the Jetways, and for a Pay product it is surely not indented to manually Exchange all Jetways myself?

Greets,

O.

• 1 year later...

Oh my GOD. I can't believe you lied to me, Aerosoft! I'm so angry, I could scream.

I just bought this scenery today -- before I bought, I went and looked to be absolutely sure it had autogate functionality. What a big huge lie!

I just wasted $26 and 2 hours on this bullcrap. I am so angry, really, this is ridiculous.

I read 4 times in the description that it worked with Autogate. I never *once* thought that working with Autogate meant that it literally just worked with it. Not that it actually *had* automatic gates. My GOD you people are liars and evil and I will never buy another thing from you as long as I live.

I wasted so much time on this. I sat there, over and over, turning off the engines, putting it in park. NOTHING. Then I realized I needed to RTFM and I found the (stupid) manual instructions for (stupidly) having to manually edit the (stupid) file names myself manually (stupidly). OMG.

Then I renamed the file, re-ran X-Plane (each time I had to troubleshoot like this, for something I paid for, I was starting to see more and  more steam come out of my ears). Waiting, waiting waiting for the simulator to start up, waiting for it to get everything going so I could try yet again to make the gates function.  NOTHING.  Then I even re-installed Autogate even though I already had it and have it with many many other (FREE, might I add?!)! airports.

But no, I re-started X-Plane yet again with the "latest" (same) Autogate plugin, and *no*, nothing. NOTHING.

Then I find this thread. So far, this is the ONLY place (and then only in a later post in a comment, basically), where the TRUTH comes out: in fact, there *are no autogates* in this scenery.

OMG you people drive me insane. Please -- for the Love of All That is Right -- PLEASE fix this. Please just fricking change all your stupid non-autogates to be fricking autogates. Or take the stupid bullcrap LIES in your product information saying you work with Autogates out. It's a LIE.

ARRRGGGGHHHHHHH.

Steve, a person who will NEVER trust your idiot company again.

On 6/21/2015 at 0:52 PM, Guest said:

Hello,

only the Guidance System is implemented. Not the jetways.

See here too:

http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/95249-london-heathrow-static-airplanes-and-safedocks/

Greets Heinz

Heinz,

This is really hard to believe. First, you would say so casually that only the marshalling system, not the actual gates, are in the product .. then you say there is more information on the link you posted to another thread.

But that thread you linked says absolutely nothing about the fact that there are no actual autogates in the product.. It misleads users to say this.  The post on that other page simply tells users who to rename the .dsf file to get the version that has the marshalling features. But a "guidance system" (aka marshalling feature) is *not* an autogate, and there's really no value at all in offering this if you're not going to also offer actual moving gates.

It's really hard to understand how you can so casually state that "only the guidance system is implemented" when it's so clear *everyone* here is asking for the feature that was advertised (autogate support, not brain-dead marshalling support with static jetways).  You so casually explain that. How are you being so casual about it? Why isn't this documented anywhere else? Why is Heinz just telling us this here and only here?  This post was written in 2015, and as I write here in 2017, between then and now, nobody at Aerosoft thought, "Hey, we should really fix this problem. I mean, we're lying to our customers about having autogate support, when in fact, we only give them a brain-dead marshalling feature"?

I know there's *some* value in the guidance system. Great, that's awesome for those out there who want that. But then you should not say you offer autogate functionality. You should say you offer a guidance system (and you should not require not refer to autogates in your description anywhere). I know the autogate plugin provides that functionality, but honestly, you *know* full well you are misleading people like me who have sworn to never buy scenery again that doesn't have moving jetways.

So, yeah, I don't know what else to say.

Steve

On ‎29‎.‎04‎.‎2017 at 13:45, brat.x-plane sagte:

Or take the stupid bullcrap LIES in your product information saying you work with Autogates out. It's a LIE.

The product description states:

Safegate and other dockings at all gates (only with AutoGate)

This means nothing else than there are safegates modelled ("safegate" is just the name of the company which creates LED guidance system and is not related to the jetways as a whole), and these only work with AutoGate installed. Nowhere in the description we state that the scenery actually has animated jetways. You just assumed it because you read "AutoGate". Probably like: "Well, if they use AutoGate for Safegate, they must use AutoGate also for the jetways".

It's not a lie. It's a misunderstanding.

• 10 months later...
  • 1 month later...

"It's not a lie. It's a misunderstanding"

Yes yes its a misunderstanding that was entirely too easy for the consumer to make based on the ads language.

You are correct but "misunderstandings" like that are not easily forgotten. (as I remove no less than 12 Aerosoft airports and airplanes from my Steam wish-list.) As I said in a message to support, enjoy that $27 you all got for Heathrow. Its the last penny you will get from me.

Customer trust is hard to gain and easy to lose.

Best regards... 

• 2 months later...
On 5/2/2017 at 6:34 PM, Mario Donick said:

The product description states:

This means nothing else than there are safegates modelled ("safegate" is just the name of the company which creates LED guidance system and is not related to the jetways as a whole), and these only work with AutoGate installed. Nowhere in the description we state that the scenery actually has animated jetways. You just assumed it because you read "AutoGate". Probably like: "Well, if they use AutoGate for Safegate, they must use AutoGate also for the jetways".

- "Hello, this sweater is in cachmire?"

- "Of course, he is in cahmire".
- "So, I buy it by what is indeformable and will last a long time."

I go home, I read the label: Cachmire 10% + Synthetic 90% =

I, too, believed in "autogates" when I bought Heathrow.

It is certain that I will not buy any more products via Aerosoft. It's not a lie, it's not a misunderstanding, it's a certainty.

Archived