Right Side MCDU readability

JayKay

Any tips /suggestions would be appreciated on how to improve the readability of the MCDU screen.

The left is fine but find it impossible to read the right screen. Appears to be working fine but not much good when its unreadable.

So far have tried resolution changes and zooming in/out without any improvement.

Regards

Keith

Hi Keith,

I do not know your display settings but on my screen there are no differences between left and right MCDU. Please see the screenshot below:

post-30406-0-26259300-1429087459_thumb.j

Do you aölso have this kind of problems if you use the viewbar and select the right or left MCDU?

Regards,

Rolf

Rolf,

If only, it was the same as yours,for mine the effect is the same however I reach it, unreadable left side is good with no problem

Do have a good screenshot but need to find out how to upload to this forum.

Regards

Keith

post-6689-0-60302900-1429104459_thumb.jp

Not sure if this is going to work or not but if you are able to see the image, it illustrates the problem well

Cheers

Keith

Did work; I think you will agree I have a problem.

Have tried fresh download with exactly the same results.

Keith,

I see and I believe to know what caused your problem. Did you use ADMIN rights when installing SP3? Because for the MCDU2 we created special fonts and those fonts have to be installed in the C:\Windows\Fonts folder.

post-30406-0-93683500-1429105102.jpg

So please check if those fonts are installed. If not reinstall SP3 using ADMIN rights and check again......

Regards,

Rolf

No sign of the fonts in Windows/Fonts so, as I am sure the last download was through Admin with Virus protection off, I performed another download with UAC set to its minimum

This has not solved the problem unfortunately. Is there any other way I could load the fonts, as this clearly seems to be problem.

Regards

Keith

• Deputy Sheriffs

OK, there is definitely something wrong on your system. So try the following:

1. Reboot your PC

2. download the attached file

3. unzip the content to a temporary folder

4. right click on each of the font files and choose "Install"

5. When you are asked whether to overwrite a file, say "Yes"

6. Reboot your PC, start FSX and check again.

Fonts.zip

Ok. Tried installing above files with no improvement to the situation.

Installation seemed to go OK but can't really convince myself they exist in c:\Windows\Font. Will try more tomorrow.

Thanks to all for the guidance.

Regards

Keith

Because there is no answer until now I assume that the problem has been solved as suggested above. Will close the topic therefore.

Regards,

Rolf

Archived