Alternative VC textures (darker, with wear)

D192

The user known as Frost77 has created an alternative set of VC textures for the Aerosoft Airbus A318-A321. These textures use darker colours, which the creator feels are closer to the older Airbus flight deck colours. He's also added some minor wear and tear, in the form of some smudging and grime (mainly on the overhead panel).

Whilst I personally wouldn't use these full time (sometimes I like a newer, cleaner 'bus!), they do make a nice change when you're simulating flying an older Airbus A32X.

Here are some screenshots :-

110.jpg

111.jpg

210.jpg

211.jpg

310.jpg

311.jpg

(The new Overhead textures in particular look really good, with the added dirt and grime!).

You can download Frost77's alternative textures from this direct link :-

[i've removed the link, while we attempt to get permission from the author for these to be passed to Aerosoft, so they can be considered for availability, officially, within copyright considerations... thanks, David].

Installation

• Extract the Zip to a temporary folder.
  • Browse to either your Aerosoft Airbus A318_A319 Base or your Aerosoft Airbus A320_A321 Base folder (or both).
  • Make a back up of your Texture_Fallback_VC folder (eg.. rename it to Texture_Fallback_VC_backup).
  • From the extracted Zip File, copy the contents of the folder "Texture_Fallback_VC_ver3", and paste them into the Texture_Fallback_VC folder of either the A318/19 or A320/21.
  • Overwrite when prompted.

You can switch between the original VC textures and these modified ones, by 'toggling' the Texture_Fallback_VC folder, between this modified one, and the original that you have backed up.

This modification is fully compatible with the Airbus SP3 (v1.30) versions.

Enjoy!

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I installed SP3 and Airbus livery Alitalia. Unfortunately I found that Airbus livery creates problems with virtual cockpit (I see bad: a part disappears). This is the Airbus A321 CFM. Can you help me?
I posted here because completely confused for installation. .And I regret that installation. Earlier versions work well. :mallet_s::mallet_s::mallet_s::argue_s:

As these are really copyrighted files, could you ask him to remove them from that server and send them to me so I can make them available here?

Hi Mathijs, no problem. I've removed the link from the above post at this time.... and I'll attempt to get permission from the author for the new textures to be made available to Aerosoft, so you can consider releasing them officially, within copyright. Cheers.

One thing to note aerosoft, if you do plan to release these mod textures please can you half the size of the two main cockpit dds files. I use these textures but the author had doubled the image size to 2048 pixels compared with the original 1024 pixel image which may cause extra load on some systems. I reduced the res to the same as your guys for some of the dds files as some had been doubled in size. They look fantastic though.

Just to note that I have left a message with the author, asking permission for Aerosoft to provide the re-texture set. I'm yet to receive a response but will keep checking back.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello all,

Just an update to say that I have made 4 or 5 attempts to contact "Frost77", but with no success. I think language barriers may be at the root of the problem, more than the fact that he doesn't want the textures to be distributed by Aerosoft. But as Mathijs said, with these files being core copyright materials, things have to be done property. I will continue trying to contact the user, but am not optimistic.

Thanks.

I think language barriers may be at the root of the problem

Maybe, but I am also sure it is about copyright. He also made new PMDG MD-11 VC textures and I remember some folks being enthusiastic about it at the AVSIM forums.

However PMDG's position was clear. It is a copyright violation due to modification of files. So the only place he can freely distribute his remakes is that Russian website, I guess.

David, can you PM me the users contact data? I'll try to reach out to him myself. Maybe I am more successfull.

Hello all,

Just an update to say that I have made 4 or 5 attempts to contact "Frost77", but with no success. I think language barriers may be at the root of the problem, more than the fact that he doesn't want the textures to be distributed by Aerosoft. But as Mathijs said, with these files being core copyright materials, things have to be done property. I will continue trying to contact the user, but am not optimistic.

Thanks.

Hello to everyone!

There is no language barriers :)David, I have not received a single letter from you. Maybe your letters went into spam.

Well, I want to say that I asked twice administration of avsim.su to delete my mod with no success. Now, I dont know what can I do.

Recently I finished work on my new big mod with Aerosoft cockpit textures. Ðœain task of this mod was to make all inscriptions and small details look more crisp.

About 80% of the textures were redone from the scratch.

Screenshots:

2015_4_4_13_11_9_875.png

2015_3_28_15_44_10_102.png

2015_3_28_15_42_17_698.png

Nice, this looks quite good!

Good to have you here, this way we can deal with it much easier.

If you are okay with this please send the files to fabian.boulegue@aerosoft.de once you are finished and we will be happy to upload them for you!

This way we do not run into any copyright issues.

Of course we will give credit to you and mention you when we make them available!

We have to ask you again to remove them from avsim.su though. Over there the files are illegal. I'm sorry we can't help you any further with this, but you uploaded them there, so you are responsible for them being removed.

Don't worry, that's not a problem. Exactly the opposite, personally I like it :D

Ps.: Personally I think your textures are a bit dark. Could you do a bit brighter version of them using our original colours, but your sharper textures? That would be awesome!

(Yes, you already see that I'm a big fan of your textures already ;))

Hello to everyone!

There is no language barriers :) David, I have not received a single letter from you. Maybe your letters went into spam.

Hello Frost77,

Great to hear from you here! .... I could not PM you on the Avsimrus site, so the message is just on the "comments" section of your texture mod, here:-

http://www.avsimrus.com/f/fsx-aircraft-liveries-and-textures-78/virtual-cockpit-textures-modification-for-aerosoft-airbus-extended-by-frost-ver-3-53471.html?action=download&hl=

But we've got you here now, so all is good.

The new textures look great. :)

Don't worry, that's not a problem. Exactly the opposite, personally I like it :D

Ps.: Personally I think your textures are a bit dark. Could you do a bit brighter version of them using our original colours, but your sharper textures? That would be awesome!

(Yes, you already see that I'm a big fan of your textures already ;))

Ok, no problem. I'll do brighter version.

I'm glad that you like it :)

And I forget to tell about one important Instruction! It's very important!

In your fsx.cfg file you should change this line:

TEXTURE_MAX_LOAD=1024 to TEXTURE_MAX_LOAD=2048

Without this changes you will not see any effect with this mod!

Ok, no problem. I'll do brighter version.

I'm glad that you like it :)

That's cool, you're a really great texture artist. To bad PMDG did not allow you to publish the MD11 version, I really liked the screenshots. :(

That's cool, you're a really great texture artist. To bad PMDG did not allow you to publish the MD11 version, I really liked the screenshots. :(

Frankly speaking, I do not even ask PMDG about it. Actually, I didn't know, that all my mods illegal.

And you can find MD-11 mod at the same site.

Link: http://www.avsim.su/f/fsx-livrei-i-teksturi-dlya-samoletov-78/mod-tekstur-virtualnogo-kokpita-dlya-pmdg-md-11x-ot-frost-versiya-1-1-54070.html

Frost77...Great work and DavidR thanks for bringing this to us ;)

Just wanna ask about 2 files in the unzipped folder "AIRBUSX_V2_VC_MAINPANEL_C" and "AIRBUSX_V2_VC_MAINPANEL_L"

Any usage for them? will they be replaced somewhere?

Archived