Nav data file formats

JB3DG

Hi

As a developer looking to support NavDataPro, is there any documentation out there on the different file formats which I can look through to decide which best suits my purposes?

Thanks

JB

It would be better for the user (read me) if you specified the data file format in standard form that all developers could use. Then I could just have one database on my system to update rather than a different one for each add-on. My rant for the day.

Not as such. Must of the time the developers tell us what's needed and we'll then discuss it with the people providing the data.

Could Aerosoft create something like this? If you might recall from a email conversation you and I had a little while back, you mentioned the difficulties in creating a brand new data format hence my request to see what the different formats available contain so I can choose which would suit me best.

• 1 month later...

It is not my intention to 'hijack' this thread and apologies in advance if it seems so, but my request certainly falls under the title.

I am looking for the file format/syntax of the comma separated files in the current Nav Data Pro Airac files for airport procedures, specifically for the Aerosoft Airbus Series.A318-A321.

I wish to create some procedures for a ficticous airport to be used with those airframes from Aerosoft.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Jock McIntyre

Thank you Otto, for your prompt reply.

I was addressing this on a specific rather than a generic approach to procedure formats.

Sadly, my request cannot be met.

Cheers

Jock McIntyre

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hello Jock,

while Aerosoft is not able to provide a specification for the file format (for various reasons) you can easily analyse them yourself.

Take an airport definition from a file and also current maps from the same airport (including ILS, sids and stars). I did that sometime last year for testing purpose and found it not too difficult.

Tom, hello

Thank you for your kind advice and, I am doing just that!

Let my imagination/deduction overide any lack of documentation :)

Cheers

Jock McIntyre

Archived