Airbus project manuals

jns278

hi,

I really like the new airbus A32X & A31X, but i have some trouble with the manual in a way.

I want to know if you can tell me what manuals you used to develop these airbuses(FCOM?, Flight Operations Briefing Notes, fmc manual etc.) and where to find them.

just something that tells you e.g. WHY you should insert ZFWCG into the MCDU. (i know there a tons of manuals online, but i just cant read and learn 20´000 pages ;) )

simulation is quite good! e.g. the stby generator starts working when A/C has reached at least 50 knots, just as described in the a320-fcom :excellenttext_s:​ . so you put a lot of work into the systems but you don't state it in a manual, why :blink:;) ?

thanks in advance!

• Deputy Sheriffs

As there are tons of manuals available it simply doesn't make too much sense to rewrite them.

Also not everybody is interested in the "why" behind the scenes. So for the such a documentation would be useless.

And those who are, like me, are also interested in the "why" everything is already available.

It shows ever so often again and again that people do not even care to take a look into the Aerosoft start folder and therefore don't know of any manual. But they all know of Google...

• Deputy Sheriffs

so you put a lot of work into the systems but you don't state it in a manual, why :blink:;) ?

This is something that also makes me wonder. ;) This is a mid-range product but the dev's really went into the details with some systems that nobody ever notices. I was involved with some of the stuff that only RW pilots or avid FCOM readers would notice but till now nobody commented on them. ;)

This is basically done because most people will be bored if the manual is full of technical background information.

Keep in mind our average customer is a guy who comes home from work and wants to enjoy a quick flight after the evening beer. This type of customer is not necessarily interested in the technical stuff, he just wants to know which buttons to press to get the Airbus airbourne.

If the manuals are full of technical stuff he's not interested in he will simply close the manual and try it on his own, which we do not want lol

There are plenty of FCOMs and FCTMs available on the internet, just run a google search and you will find the real manuals.

Please note that these must not necessarily reflect the exact software version of the Airbus we developed. There may be minor (or greater) differences, which must not mean it's a bug, but simply that Airbus changed it in another software revision.

ok, thank you for all your replies!

many times i read in "reviews" that its a 'beer o´clock-aircraft", but if so i do not understand why you put so many details in it, you could have designed just a nice eyecandy interior&exterior model and put 90% dummy switches into vc and thats it (somewhat exaggerated =)... just saying, i don't want to discuss that)

and yes, as i stated i know there a tons of manuals. i have 410 PDF´s on my pc with about 20'000+ pages, but i need a "filter" to determine what to read and what not, but i cant because only you know whats simulated and therefore relevant and what not...

ok its senseless.. aviation is too complex. we are all lost in the infinty of information.. and just a few of us call themselves "aviationpro's" cause they watched a FMC-youtube-tutorial.. =)

=>so I keep on reading reading and reading understanding and testing :D

Archived