Budapest 2007

vlevi

I have downloaded and installed Budapest 2007 for FS2004, but I see some strange thing. It looks like, that the ground is about 10-20 centimeters higher than FS2004 thinks, and the wheels are stuck onto the concrete.

Other problem is, that I don't see the pink taxi marks (but it is turned on of course).

vlevi@freemail.hu

• Aerosoft
I have downloaded and installed Budapest 2007 for FS2004, but I see some strange thing. It looks like, that the ground is about 10-20 centimeters higher than FS2004 thinks, and the wheels are stuck onto the concrete.

Other problem is, that I don't see the pink taxi marks (but it is turned on of course).

vlevi@freemail.hu

Okay, we'll look at that issue tomorrow, you sure you don't have any additional mesh or other scenery covering the same area?

I have Hungary scenery, which of course covers the whole country, but as faras I know, it does not have anything near Budapest. I will try to turn them off.

I have checked, nothing changes. The strange thing is, that on the runway, it looks okay, but the taxiway shows wrong. Some centimeters off the taxiway looks okay again.

Hi,

Ok, for the ones liking a quick solution:

This unsupported beta patch is aimed solving elevation problems with

the released product.

Installation:

-------------

Just open this archive (guess you have done it already) and - after

backing it up of course - overwrite the existing default file in your

...FS2004sceneryEurescenery folder with the one you find in this archive.

It is a single file AP953150.BGL which goes into the

...Fs2004/scenery/eure/scenery folder. It corrects the wrong elevation of LHBP in the default scenery. You need this patched bgl to have the correct elevation at LHBP.

Please note, that for the reason it overwrites a default bgl file, the solution is unsupported by us.

Andras

Hi,

I have the same issue.

Does 'unsupported beta patch' implies that there will be a supported official patch in the future?

If so, I'll wait for that one.

Forgot to add:

This scenery is the 'Mega Scenery' brand worthy!

I like it very much, and I'm confident that it will generate more online traffic to LHBP.

Does 'unsupported beta patch' implies that there will be a supported official patch in the future?

If so, I'll wait for that one.

Egbert,

It is hundred percent upto Mathijs.

Usually 3rd party companies are not supposed to patch default files, but many do. I can not 'officially' do that, so if he thinks there can be a green-light for this, it can be done. Nevertheless, there's no harm in trying the 'unsupported' one...

regards

Andras

• Aerosoft

Egbert,

It is hundred percent upto Mathijs.

Usually 3rd party companies are not supposed to patch default files, but many do. I can not 'officially' do that, so if he thinks there can be a green-light for this, it can be done. Nevertheless, there's no harm in trying the 'unsupported' one...

regards

Andras

As long as the change in the default file is documented (so not hidden) and the de-installer changes it back to the original, there should be no problem. If there are now reported problems we'll insert this update in the main build on Monday.

So for now, we do recommend this update from Andras (but do backup the original file).

Hi guys,

just FYI, it is not necessary to edit the default AP files to "force" FS to accept a different airport elevation. All that is required is to place a copy of the AFCAD file containing the adjusted elevation into the data stream so that it will be read by FS before the default AP953150.BGL file.

Thus, if the AFCAD file starts with AF2_* its copy can be placed in EureScenery (i.e., alphanumerical priority). If not, place it in SceneryWorldscenery instead (i.e., scenery library priority).

Reference: http://www.projectai.com/discuss/index.php?topic=35920.0

Cheers, Holger

Dear Andras,

I've just purchased your Budapest 2007, and I must say, a great job! Especially the resolution of the concrete, the aprons and the runways give the greatest realism! (Gratulálok András, szép munka! :) )

I'd have some questions/requests though, I hope to get an answer on them:

1. In spite of the fact, that even on the charts of the manual included in the release, stand 70 and 79 do exist (and they do so in real life as well) on apron 2, they cannot be seen in the scenery, just the old configuration from stand 71 till 78. Will there be a patch to include these new stands?

2. In the scenery, there is no taxiway line painted in the intersection between the taxiway Z and L. Is it intentional, or there is no line in the real life either?

3. At terminal 1, the stands only have the blue paintings in "Very Dense" mode, and in "Dense" nothing. Unfortuntely, I don't have a high-end power plant, and I get 11 FPS in the Very Dense mode, and 17 FPS in only Dense mode, but the scenery is still very nice. That 6 FPS difference is pretty much, so I'd like to ask whether or not there is a possibility to show the apron stand blue markings in Dense mode as well as on the apron 2? Or if not, is there a way to eliminate the stairs, and other objects from the "Very Dense" mode? (To be honest, I would be the happiest with the first solution. :) )

4. I also have the issue mentioned above, will see if the supported file will give a solution.

Thank you very much for the answers in advance, and keep up the very good work!

Regards, 8)

Attila

1. In spite of the fact, that even on the charts of the manual included in the release, stand 70 and 79 do exist (and they do so in real life as well) on apron 2, they cannot be seen in the scenery, just the old configuration from stand 71 till 78. Will there be a patch to include these new stands?

Attila,

If there is a new AIP or Jepp airport page that indicates as such, there will be. But untill official papers differ I have to stick to those.

2. In the scenery, there is no taxiway line painted in the intersection between the taxiway Z and L. Is it intentional, or there is no line in the real life either?

As far as I know I did all that exis in real life.

3. At terminal 1, the stands only have the blue paintings in "Very Dense" mode, and in "Dense" nothing.

It was intensional, as most people use term2 more often and had to ballance. But you are right, those are more important than stairs. I will change that.

regards

Andras

Stand 79 is a utility vehicle parking now.

It has never been a utility vehicle parking, nor it is now. It is fully in use as a parking stand, especially for GA flights as VIP (up to B737), and -- well, the most important -- also painted on the concrete (painted along with the stand 70).

Please don't misunderstand me. I'm not criticising anything negatively. It is a scenery made by you, so it is your choice how you make it. Our goal is to make the scenery the best as it can get. This scenery already by now, a masterpiece!

Thank you for your attention, and the support.

Attila

• Aerosoft

It has never been a utility vehicle parking, nor it is now. It is fully in use as a parking stand, especially for GA flights as VIP (up to B737), and -- well, the most important -- also painted on the concrete (painted along with the stand 70).

Please don't misunderstand me. I'm not criticising anything negatively. It is a scenery made by you, so it is your choice how you make it. Our goal is to make the scenery the best as it can get. This scenery already by now, a masterpiece!

Thank you for your attention, and the support.

Attila

Don't worry Attila, comments like yours make you our favorite kind of customer. Critical yet willing to communicate. We have found before the charts and actual situation can differ a lot.

Sort of. But in case I utilize this stand as a fully available slot, some will say that it is only for GA and VIP usage and the circle starts once again.

I went at least 3 times to look around at the airport, went over it (taking photos) another 3 times, had 3 jumpseat flights from and to, this is what a scenery designer can do in order to be as precise as possible. I design whatever I see. But Mathijs is right be as critical as possible and I'm glad that we talk about things like this, which are at least not bugs, rather "design prospect viewpoints".

regards

Andras