Product Expired?

Stig

I bought the DA's Piper back in August, and I noticed that in my accunt it says that the link to the file will expire in August next year.

When this happends, how would I be able to renew my link?

Is there a fee for renewals to get a new link?

I don't understand why developers put time limits in the download links like simmarket. You bought the darn products, you should always be able to download it.

Thats the whole reason I bought an external harddrive, to save all those files.

• Aerosoft
I don't understand why developers put time limits in the download links like simmarket. You bought the darn products, you should always be able to download it.

Well, put it this way, if you buy the product you don't automatically can consider us to be your backup medium. Some of our files are pretty large in download and we pay for the storage and bandwidth.

We will never put limits as harsh as simMarket on our downloads and I challenge you to find anybody who can not use his/her files for this reason. As far as I know we have always been very lenient on this, but I believe giving the customer a year to download a product is more then fair.

I perfectly understand the developer's perspective of size and all.. some folks do it (PSS/Flight1) others are simply vicious (PMDG/Sim Market), I am interested to know what Aerosoft's ideology on this is..

We as buyers should be responsible for safekeeping what we bought but say a year from now, a freak accident occurs, will aerosoft be able to provide us with a new link or do we have to repurchase?

• Aerosoft
I perfectly understand the developer's perspective of size and all.. some folks do it (PSS/Flight1) others are simply vicious (PMDG/Sim Market), I am interested to know what Aerosoft's ideology on this is..

We as buyers should be responsible for safekeeping what we bought but say a year from now, a freak accident occurs, will aerosoft be able to provide us with a new link or do we have to repurchase?

Well the basic answer would be you will never have to repurchase any product from us.