Map View - a request.

I use PFPX to manually construct flight plans for Concorde. One of the rules for supersonic flight was that the aircraft had to be no closer than 35nm from populated areas.

When adding waypoints it would be very helpful to know how far from land a waypoint is. To make this as easy as possible could you add a distance scale to the map? This would be very helpful in judging if the waypoint is sufficiently far away from coastlines.

Thanks.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Ray, please don't get too demanding. The developer of PFPX got a real life beneath PFPX and is not a fulltime developer.

Ray, please don't get too demanding. The developer of PFPX got a real life beneath PFPX and is not a fulltime developer.

Otto. I was only asking for a response to my request. I like many, are not aware of the personal circumstances of the developer.

• 3 weeks later...

With all respect to the developers of PFPX and any Aerosoft supported products, when you pay 50 euros for a product you don't really expect to be told, "Don't get too demanding, The developer has a real life...". If I paid for the professional services of someone on the understanding that support would be primarily offered through a forum system like this one it isn't unreasonable to expect at least a reasonably quick response to questions. I am a real supporter of Aerosoft and it's partner developers and have bought loads of their products. I suppose there will be people who down vote me because of this but I'm just raising a concern that replies like Otto's are not always that helpful. Don't take offence anyone.

• Deputy Sheriffs

acra24,

I think you misunderstood the "don't get too demanding" reply.

It solely referred to the "not getting an answer within 24 hours".

If I paid for the professional services of someone on the understanding that support would be primarily offered through a forum system like this one it isn't unreasonable to expect at least a reasonably quick response to questions.

First of all, you have payed for a product, not necessarily for the support.

Secondly, who defines "reasonable response times"? You haven't signed a service level agreement with guaranteed response times. So, what is reasonable for you? 2 hours, 8 hours, 24 hours?

It's difficult to see how I misinterpreted the response, "Don't get too demanding".

From your website, "Forums: Our preferred way of doing support and by far the fastest. We cover it 7 days a week and the many fine customers we have almost guarantee 24/7 fast replies..."

Anyway, I'm not having a bash at you because, as I said, I'm a huge Aerosoft supporter. I just though that Otto's response could have been friendlier and more helpful without the comment on the customer's demanding message. It's constructive criticism, that's all. If you choose to take it on board in the spirit it's meant then great, if not, then okay. I'm not sure if you are trying to be a intimidating by quoting SLAs to me. Hopefully you aren't simply being defensive.

Kind regards

Andrew

acra24,

I think you misunderstood the "don't get too demanding" reply.

It solely referred to the "not getting an answer within 24 hours".

It was 44 hours before I posted my follow-up reply. Not too unreasonable I think.

First of all, you have payed for a product, not necessarily for the support.

Secondly, who defines "reasonable response times"? You haven't signed a service level agreement with guaranteed response times. So, what is reasonable for you? 2 hours, 8 hours, 24 hours?

I think it's reasonable to assume that when you buy a FS product support is included. If it isn't then there should be an explicit statements to that effect. Support is included of course but only 'officially' via a support ticket. What I'm not sure of is where you draw the line between forum support and official support.

But then again if you buy a product and it doesn't do what its suppose to do, isn't the customer right to ask why and ask for it to be fixed?? If you buy a new car, you don't expect to need a degree in car mechanics and have to fix it yourself do you, you take it back to be fixed and get a free cuppa coffee while you wait for the trouble is caused :-) never ever had the "we are to busy to help"

• Deputy Sheriffs

Don't turn this into "AS is not giving any support". acra24 demanded a reasonable response time, and I asked what that time is, in his or everyone's else opinion.

• Deputy Sheriffs

From your website, "Forums: Our preferred way of doing support and by far the fastest. We cover it 7 days a week and the many fine customers we have almost guarantee 24/7 fast replies..."

But Andrew, you quote it yourself: "we have almost guarantee 24/7 fast replies". This is not "we guarantee 24/7 fast replies".

Lets not get any deeper here. AS wasn't able to provide Ray with an answer to his feature request, he is now getting in touch directly with the developer. Yes, AS could have pointed Ray faster to the developer. But is the world stop rotating because of that, I don't think so ;-)

Ok maybe I was a little wrong there then, but does annoy me that we get these comments about developers being busy with real life. Yes this is a factor needless to say, but this shouldn't stop someone replying to an ask for help with a product we pay good money for, if it was freeware.............oh well!

• 1 month later...

Archived