Checklists when flying online (IVAO, VATSIM...)

NiclasGER

Hey,

I have an issue that could be a problem of more pilots flying online on networks.

Here an example:

Approaching Frankfurt (EDDF). ATC leads me of the set flightplan by giving me vectors and I get established ILS much earlier, than I would be, when I had followed my filed STAR. Doing this, I have a problem: Due to the vectors I don't hit point (D) on Navigation Display - I think it's called "decel", but I am not quite sure - so approach checklist don't start. Also following checklists (landing, parking) don't start either because it's stucked.

I hope it's clear, what I want to explain. Is there any chance to get this fixed?

Activating the APP phase manually in the MCDU does not work?

Unfortunately, it does not work like that.

Oh, I am sorry. I haven't seen that. But will there be a tutorial explaining how to avoid this problem in the next version? :) That would be really great! :)

Hi Niclas,

there is a long discussion about this subject which you will find in http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/89261-hdg-mode-und-appr-cl/ Summarizing it: If you currently fly a vector approach clear / delete all F-PLAN waypoints until FAP and the APPR CL will work as required. With SP3 also this problem will be solved and also a lot of new functions in connection with DIR TO and RADIAL IN added. Those features allow you to fly a vector approach like in the real world by using DIR TO and RADIAL IN. A specific chapter on such approaches will also be added to the Vol6 StepbyStep tutorial.

Regards,

Rolf

Hey Rolf,

thank you very much for the information! I am looking forward to SP3! :) I also like to thank you and the team for adding a tutorial to the guide because I do not have any idea of how to use those new functions. :)

Kind regards,

Niclas :)

Archived