Cockpit sounds

Hey guys,

I really love the Airbus X as it flies like a dream! However, I have a question regarding the sounds you would hear in a cold & dark A320 cockpit. If I start in a cold & dark cockpit, I already hear a rattling noise (avionics, batteries..) and ventilation noise. Is this normal?

I have once checked a youtube movie where a real A320 was started in a cold & dark situation. If the pilot enters the cockpit, you hear nothing until you switch on the external power (link to youtube:

).

I hope that someone can help me out on this.

Best regards,

Frank

Btw, I use FS-SE with the latest Bus version.

• 2 weeks later...

The rattling and/or environment sounds you hear is FSX when entering a cold and dark cockpit are an anomoly. Try hitting the 'Q' (sound on/off) key, and then again hitting it to restore sounds. It will often silence 'rogue' sounds.

If you still hear an avionics type sound after doing this, then I'm afraid it's due to TSS's use of their TSS-Cockpitenv sound file, within the standard FSX Sound.cfg configuration.

TSS have linked this sound to the GYRO SOUND standard function in the sound.cfg file, and in some aircraft, that file will always play - even in cold and dark scenarios.

The rattling and/or environment sounds you hear is FSX when entering a cold and dark cockpit are an anomoly. Try hitting the 'Q' (sound on/off) key, and then again hitting it to restore sounds. It will often silence 'rogue' sounds.

If you still hear an avionics type sound after doing this, then I'm afraid it's due to TSS's use of their TSS-Cockpitenv sound file, within the standard FSX Sound.cfg configuration.

TSS have linked this sound to the GYRO SOUND standard function in the sound.cfg file, and in some aircraft, that file will always play - even in cold and dark scenarios.

Dear David,

Thanks for your elaborate & clear explanation. After trying your suggestion to toggle "Q" a couple of times, the issue was not ressolved :-(. So, I assume it is a simple & plain anomaly related to the constraints of FSX But nevertheless, thanks for your help ;-)

Regards,

Frank

Archived