X Plane Claims It Can't Access 3 GB and Crashes When Quit

I don't know what is going on. My mobo died on me and I had to replace it. After re-installing X Plane it keeps giving me this message ...

X Plane cannot access 3 GB of virtual memory. This can cause crashes and memory shortages with high rendering setting.

Now I changed the size of the virtual memory by going into my computer right click on it . Clicked the advance tab. Click on settings in the performance box. Clicked the advance tab there then clicked change in the virtual memory box ... increased the initial size to 3072. But I still get the message when it loads. I tried doing what they suggested in the boot.ini file, but the computer didn't like that at all. So I change it back to the original boot.ini.

When I tried to quit the flight it crashes and I have to get the task manager to close it. I never had this problem the first time I installed it ... I don't understand why it is doing it now. My OS is Win XP ... This software certainly isn't worth the price I paid for it.

Log.txt

Hello,

that is, because you are using a 32bit operating system. This system only can address about 3GB of RAM.

Independent of the size of your virtual memory.

The best way ist to update the OS to a 64 bit system.

Than you can use X-Plane 10 64bit (this is the future way of X-Plane 10) and the memory problem is away....

Greets Heinz

Hello,

that is, because you are using a 32bit operating system. This system only can address about 3GB of RAM.

Independent of the size of your virtual memory.

The best way ist to update the OS to a 64 bit system.

Than you can use X-Plane 10 64bit (this is the future way of X-Plane 10) and the memory problem is away....

Greets Heinz

I understand about it working better on a 64 bit system. I had installed XP 64, but I could not get the drivers to run my printer and my multi display adapter, so I had to go back to 32 bit. What I don't understand is before my mother board died, it ran okay on my 32 bit system. The only difference is I installed theX Plane upgrade.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

My graphic card is updated for the lastest driver. I deleted the files and restarted XP ... that helped, but now I am having a problem with the sound. It is very loud no matter how low I slide the controls in the sound preference, only when I have it at zero then there is no sound at all. What do I need to do ... this is on the XP 32 bit OS system.

Log.txt

Archived