No sound

Hi. All of a sudden AES stopped making sounds. Like "blocks in position" and the beeping of the jet way. The animations work fine but all the sounds are gone...

Do you mean the volume controls in configuration?

If the max box is checked I hear blocks in position...but no other sounds even with all sliders up.

With max box unchecked there is no announcement even with the slider up...

Hi,

I have almost the same problem. Running AES v.2.38 (the newest) with FS2004 (FS9.1); I run AESHelp.exe as administrator. Since I installed this version, I do hear the "blocks in position" message but no deboarding, no vehicles' engines and no jetway warning signals. There are sometimes very short moments of the sound (not even a second) but then it is quiet again. The sound mixer doesn't show an AES entry, just one for FS2004. What's wrong? Until 2.37, all was fine.

By the way, I tested this with a couple of planes at different locations, this makes no difference. Unfortunately, other AES-/AESlight-driven sounds of certain sceneries are affected, too, as for instance seagulls and cars at AS Gibraltar.

Thanks for helping,

Harald

Edit: I found the solution. Disabled Active Camera and got the sounds back. Unfortunately, the solution for having both AES and AC given in the AES manual doesn't work for me, but at least I know the trigger now.

It seems that once active camera is engaged the mech sounds are gone for the flight...disengaging does not bring them back...

I found this in the read me...

KNOWN LIMITATIONS:

- reported issues with one view addon.

What is the "one view add on"...active camera?

Archived