New Flight Sim Being Developed

DetCord

They are only gauging interest. Quite honestly, I don't see them getting anywhere. A good base engine is hard enough to begin with, it requires incredible amount of money to reach a certain level.

Let's see where it goes.

I've read it and the thought occurs to me that this is someone who doesn't have any clue how difficult the things are that he promises. He'll soon realize and give up, then we'll never hear anything about it anymore.

I commented a few times on varying aspects. I'll reiterate them here.

I like the idea of a new sim. I think its great. However, it is one thing to crank out terrain, highly detailed airports and a few (potentially) realistic aircraft. It's a entirely different endeavor to program and implement NATs, SIDs, STARs, AI controlled traffic with routes and TD, ILS systems, aircraft functionality, associated failures, the complexities of FBW (eg. Airbus which no one has gotten 100% right yet ), etc etc etc.

MSFS is on its 13th iteration, XP on its 10th and P3D on its third. Again, I'm all for a new sim in the market, but I'm not above being realistic about what actually goes into it on the programing side of the house and the extreme intricacies needed for a well established community to accept it.

• Aerosoft

Claiming to deliver PMDG system depth in the base simulator means they simply have no idea of the complexity of the project. See our Airbus projects have a difference focus (and thus a different price level) but we learned the hard way how big the mountain needed for that is. We estimate that a 777 project will cost double what we have spend.

Claiming to deliver PMDG system depth in the base simulator means they simply have no idea of the complexity of the project. See our Airbus projects have a difference focus (and thus a different price level) but we learned the hard way how big the mountain needed for that is. We estimate that a 777 project will cost double what we have spend.

Exactly, and numerous people have pointed this out. I still like the idea of a new sim, however, I'm not nearly as diluted to believe they can possibly deliver on such broad promises.

BTW and Off-Topic, a nice Banner ;)

Cheers. Mate of mine made it for me. Reflects my awards and Kiwi background before crossing the Pond to the States.

People are often in a WTF mode when seeing the NZ flag associated with US Military awards.

Isnt this screenshot simply from Unity Plugin?

Update yes they are ;)http://www.terraincomposer.com/24-hour-demo-2/

Google image search helped :)

Greets

Wow... Okay. Scam then, eh? That is disingenuous on the part of the devs if you ask me.

Is that a Bronze Star and Purple Heart (x3?) in the upper left?!

Yes, though the Bronze Star isn't for Valor. It was a TFR award. But you are correct on the three Purple Hearts.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Cheers. Mate of mine made it for me. Reflects my awards and Kiwi background before crossing the Pond to the States.

People are often in a WTF mode when seeing the NZ flag associated with US Military awards.

Cannot see in detail, but seems there is some "magenta" in your log.

My respects.

And no. I am nou US neither Kiwi.

Regards

PD.

faust was quicker. No need to respond....

Simply some kids that want some ......

It's rather pathetic is you ask me mate. I mean they have nothing to show other than pilfered screens from in-dev engines and or games, When they actually have something to show, I might jump on the bandwagon. Until then...

Actually this reminds me of another company with an A380 some time ago... looks like the same strategy (I mean, honestly, which serious developer would base their desctiption of the technical asphects of their sim on a PMDG comparison?! For sure you can mention it, but....)

I suppose the first thing they might have to do if they are serious is look at engines, perhaps Unity and Outerra are where they are looking. The guy seems to have a games pedigree and he did say further down that the list was aspirational, a list of the ideal, to start with. I'd be inclined to watch that space and hold fire as yet, it may be a scam but too early to say definitively.

Archived