Crazy flight plans

Hello guys, after this last update my PFPX seems to give me bizarre flight plans. Look at the pictures below.. On the first one a route that PFPX gave me. The seccond a real world route. Two examples of flights. Too much fuel burn han?

post-17552-0-47783700-1426353126_thumb.j

post-17552-0-71133400-1426353135_thumb.j

post-17552-0-93800400-1426353147_thumb.j

post-17552-0-88232500-1426353154_thumb.j

Result of first pass 'quick find route' here:

attachicon.gifcapture_001_14032015_173401.jpg

attachicon.gifcapture_002_14032015_173447.jpg

Humm.. Same method that I used here.. What's wrong with my program? Recently I've a malfunction on my HD, so I brought a new one and have to install everything again.. Maybe I've skiped some config?

Using a 'Quick Find' gives the same results as Stephen has posted.

What aircraft type have you selected?

A320, 737.. Both with same results..

- Are you using the 'Advanced Route Finder' with some exclusions (like Airways, Waypoints)

- Did you manually edit Route Restrictions

- What navdata cycle do you use?

Sorry for the delay.. Busy week..

I just click in route manager/ route editor / put the airports on "from" and "to" and click find route on upper airspace.

No, I don't manually edit Route Restrictions..

I use the latest cycle from navigraph.

Same here.

Route LFMN-EDDL

BASI5A BASIP Y15 ABN UZ651 DESIP UN851 ABESI UQ330 VEDOK UN851 LOHRE UL610 BATTY T855 LNO UM170 KENUM UZ907 ELDAR T857 BIKMU BIKM1G

47% distance increase

No exclusions, no route restrictions.

v.1.20.1

Same here.

Route LFMN-EDDL

BASI5A BASIP Y15 ABN UZ651 DESIP UN851 ABESI UQ330 VEDOK UN851 LOHRE UL610 BATTY T855 LNO UM170 KENUM UZ907 ELDAR T857 BIKMU BIKM1G

47% distance increase

No exclusions, no route restrictions.

v.1.20.1

Unlike the OP's routing yours is indeed affected by route restrictions from the RAD filtering implemented by PFPX. This is quite complex and can lead to erroneous routing.

If your not concerned about validation then simply disable the RAD function in advanced find.

You could then drill down the validation failures yourself to achieve a valid route if required:

IRMA5A IRMAR UN853 ARCKY UT853 IBESA T853 NOR T857 BIKMU BIKM1G

a 17% increase.

• 2 weeks later...

I am getting this as well since I upgraded to 1.20.1. Using latest database. A flight from EGLL to KEWR using quick find gives me a routing almost halfway across Canada before turning south to El Paso texas, then back to KEWR. It shows as a distance increase of 143%. Yes I know I can manually edit, which I have had to do on several occasions, but that's not really the point of this program.

Any ideas?

post-144035-0-43583700-1428792587_thumb.

I am getting this as well since I upgraded to 1.20.1. Using latest database. A flight from EGLL to KEWR using quick find gives me a routing almost halfway across Canada before turning south to El Paso texas, then back to KEWR. It shows as a distance increase of 143%. Yes I know I can manually edit, which I have had to do on several occasions, but that's not really the point of this program.

Any ideas?

Try re-installing the AIRAC as per this post

EGLL-KEWR route is fine here with v1.20.1 and NG1504

• 2 weeks later...

Still having the same problems.. Look at this!

Hi

That looks a different issue to your original post and similar to that experienced by myself and others following the 1504 update in some situations. It didn't occur on all of my installs.

Have you tried a clean install which has resolved that type of issue for some others?

Backup and re-install as posted here , additionally some users deleted the registry key also.

Don't just copy back all your date straight off, test the route build having added just the 1504 cycle, no aircraft needed. If that proves ok create another backup and gradually restore only required data from your original backup.

Your route planned and passed CFMU validation on first pass:

post-5872-0-26729500-1429601589_thumb.jp

v1.20.1

Hi

That looks a different issue to your original post and similar to that experienced by myself and others following the 1504 update in some situations. It didn't occur on all of my installs.

Have you tried a clean install which has resolved that type of issue for some others?

Backup and re-install as posted here , additionally some users deleted the registry key also.

Don't just copy back all your date straight off, test the route build having added just the 1504 cycle, no aircraft needed. If that proves ok create another backup and gradually restore only required data from your original backup.

Your route planned and passed CFMU validation on first pass:

attachicon.gifmroc-lemd.jpg

v1.20.1

Ok, tried a full reinstall and now it seems to work.. Thanks for the tip!

My auto route isn't as crazy as all these, but I just tried an auto route from GOOY-SBKP an Emirates cargo flight and the route was weird it sent me very far to the west over Cape Verde and then south towards Brazil.

Archived