EDDB Berlin Brandenburg elevation issue

• Deputy Sheriffs

No FTX. No conflicting .bgl and the correct .bgl's are activated.

But then there is another conficting scenery/addon. Definitely not a problem of EDDB. What else do you have installed?

Still 100% sure that there is a conficting file on your system. Check UT2.

I thought UT2 might be the culprit, however UT2 doesn't use .bgl's as far as I know, unlike MyTraffic. I saw that UTX2 Europe had placed a .bgl for Berlin, but when I removed it, it made no difference.

No freeware of Berlin before or something like this?

Jonas

Nope, even Aerosoft Support is stumped, still waiting for reply. I have gone as far as disabling all scenery except basic, still no difference. Used AFX to locate conflicts, nothing. I must be missing something, but what?

Note that if you are using UTX Eur ver 2.0, the program repositions EDDB. Open the UTX Europe Setup Tool, then under the Terrain Menu, Select Modify Status of Repositioned Airports, scroll to EDDB, highlight it, and then push the Enable/Disable Button. It would then show EDDB (Disabled) in the list of airports. Try it and see if it helps; I've done so and have no issues with the airport.

Note that if you are using UTX Eur ver 2.0, the program repositions EDDB. Open the UTX Europe Setup Tool, then under the Terrain Menu, Select Modify Status of Repositioned Airports, scroll to EDDB, highlight it, and then push the Enable/Disable Button. It would then show EDDB (Disabled) in the list of airports. Try it and see if it helps; I've done so and have no issues with the airport.

I will try that as soon as I get home, thanks.

Also check that your Mesh Terrain settings in your FSX Settings is high enough. A value of 5m should work without problems.

that was it, thanks. Now to get AI Traffic to occupy this airport.

You're welcome, Ric. Keep in mind that Tegel is still Berlin's major airport, especially for international traffic. Looking at Flight Aware, there are only about 50 daily arrivals at Schoenefeld and spacing those over a 12-14 hour day, leaves only about 3-4 flights per hour. Most AI programs have their schedules set up to reflect this. You could try altering your UT2 flight schedules to divert some of the traffic from EDDT to EDDB. Last I looked, they're now talking about the new Berlin Brandenburg airport not opening until 2017 or 2018 at the latest.

Archived