New Heathrow screenshots

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Aerosoft
Don't quite understand why the screenshots are from fs9

Well, the last one is not, but at this moment most developers are doing the first versions of the products in FS9 because the SDK's from MS have not been fully delivered. Showing stuff in FSx would actually be faking things more and we believe it is only honest to tell customers what the shots are done in. The final product will have full FSx features of course.

• Aerosoft
That explains things thanks. That last shot is unbelievable, I am sold already.

Yes, the last show shows the far better graphical engine of FSX, very smooth greying of the visibility. But should the VFR pilot be there in that weather?

Please don't compare this to UK2000 Heathrow. Not even close from what I have seen so far.

If this is anything like EDDF it will blow Gary's version clear out of the water.

I'll be curious to see the two side by side. :wink:

Granted and no disrespect meant to Gary but his UK2000 version is quite dated now. His recent Gatwick looks really good though.

I don't fly in the UK at all but this may make me want to. I know I never flew in Germany until EDDF cam out.

I for one am very glade scenery is still being produced for FS9. FSX is not in any condition to properly handle add-on's on this level (at least not at this time). Aerosoft among a few others are doing their best to ignore this fact... FS9 is not over yet...

I can't wait to run this version of Heathrow in FS9... :wink:

I am confused now, everybody keeps making references to FS9, but I don't see clear:

Is the sim-Wings version of LHR planned to be for FS9 as well?

Or are we just hoping/crossing fingers/waiting what will be announced?

Or will it be for FSX only?

If it will be for FS9, too, will that be released at the same time as the FSX version?

Last question: what is the expected release time for Gary's new Heathrow (approximately, i.e. which month or quarter of which year)?

Thanks

Hello Mozart, yes it would be nice if Aerosoft would make it clear if Simwings LHR will be for FS9 as well.

I got the impression it is FSX only.

Gary's LHR Extreme will be FSX AND FS9 compatible and is expected end Jan, Early Feb 2007

eddd2.jpg

regards

Ed

Hello Mozart, yes it would be nice if Aerosoft would make it clear if Simwings LHR will be for FS9 as well.

I got the impression it is FSX only.

Gary's LHR Extreme will be FSX AND FS9 compatible and is expected end Jan, Early Feb 2007

eddd2.jpg

regards

Ed

So Gary's version is made for FS9 but will supposedly work with FSX.

When I say Gary's LHR will be FS9 and FSX compatible ...I think (I don't know) this means two different versions....one for FSX and one for FS9... which I believe Aerosoft do not want to make two different versions.

I am interested in a FS9 version as is any simpilot who is serious about flying heavies.... which I believe Gary will release before the FSX version 8)

Simwing's CDG is certainly right up there as one of my top sceneries with superb framerates for such a large airport ....here's hoping Simwing's LHR will be FS9 compatible. :)

eddd2.jpg

regards

Ed