wrong AP modes

Dear aerosoft team,

I noticed that the autopilot does in some cases not activate the proper modes. For example if you are in the descent everything managed and changing than to hdg select the autopilot should change into open descent due to lack of the vertical profile. Your bus changes into V/S mode. Also the triple click wich draws the attention of the crew to the mode change is missing!

Next issue is on final ILS with both autopilots on. If you go to disconnect the AP the triple click is missing. With one AP connected it works fine.

Maybe you are able to fix it in SP3?

Regards

• Deputy Sheriffs

For example if you are in the descent everything managed and changing than to hdg select the autopilot should change into open descent due to lack of the vertical profile. Your bus changes into V/S mode.

Are you sure about that one? Just want to check before I look at the other suggestions.

Hi Frank. I must say that there was something strange yesterday in the sim checkride. Today I tried it in the real thing and indeed it changes from managed to V/S. So I am sorry, it is correct. But neverthe less, during these mode changes the "triple click" sound does not appear: That is definetly wrong. And as well the FD that comes up to early.

Thanks

• Deputy Sheriffs

Yeah, that was a trick question. The FD thing was already known. The triple click I will pass on.

Thanks

• Deputy Sheriffs

Now I am confused. Didn't you write that you sat in the real sim and flew the real plane? With other words you are a real TR A320 pilot?

I ask because I find it very strange that you would believe a youtube video that clearly shows a wrong explanation of the facts.

A little Airbus AFS 101:

The OPEN DES mode is a so called coupled mode. It will not only change your vertical path it will also command the Autothrust to reduce thrust to idle. A "normal" lateral or vertical mode reversion will NEVER influence the Autothrust mode. For obvious reasons this would be a big no no.

The video clearly shows that the vertical guidance changes to the current VS when the conditions for DES being active are lost. If the pilot then pulls the altitude selector knob on the FCU is a different matter ;)

Archived