CumulusX Activation

Bionic2

Hello,

Who can help me to get Cumulus X activated in my FSX ?

I'll try to activated my Cumulus X, bad what i try it wont activate.

I have clouds around me, bad nu birds and other things in Cumulus X

When i klick on soft clouds, it see, only in demo or activated.

Same times i have the feeling that it is activated, and same times not.

I think that i fly in the demo version ?

I dont no what i doing rong to activate Cumulus X.

I have coppie so mats time my activasion id that i dont no it annymore.

Please HELP ??? :boohoo_s:

Greetings,

Gerard,

Dutch

Hi Gerard,

possibly you are running a copy of CumulusX! at a wrong location on your computer.

I assume you have installed CumulusX! with its install.cmd command by right-clicking and selecting "Run as Admin" (or your localized equivalent) and you have extracted the two files License.bin and License.txt from the archive license.zip, that you have received by e-mail, and copied them to the folder <FSXROOT>\Modules\CumulusX!. <FSXROOT> stands for the installation folder of FSX, usually C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X. (x86) appears on Windows 64 operating systems only.

Please exit CumulusX! for the moment, then navigate to FSX' installation directory <FSXROOT> and proceed to subfolder \Modules\CumulusX!. There you will find CumulusX.exe. Double-click this. Then, after CumulusX! main windows has appeared (you may need to click its icon on the taskbar), select its menu item Tools and deselect AutoStart. Then select it again. A message box may appear that asks wether the FSX startup files EXE.XML and DLL.XML should be adjusted. Agree to it.

If you open now the menu item Help/About a windows opens that displays your license details. If so, all CumulusX! features are fully available. Next time you start FSX it will use automatically the correct copy of CumulusX!.

CumulusX! thermal clouds look a bit different from normal FSX clouds. To get familiar, it is best to follow the instructions in the manual section "Quick Start".

best regards,

Peter

Hello Peter,

I have my FSX on the D drive, all the FSX Addons i have them on the D drive.

I had the demo version off Cumulus X, i just poot the id in Cumulus X map inn CumulusX map.

License License Map

Manual Meta-INF

sim probe License.bin

WinchX License

Auto ThermalsOnly.cmx mimetype

beginner,cmx

Cumulus X Is there samthing missing ?

Cumulus X!,cmx

CumullusXDDL,dll

Default,cmx

Difficult,cmx

Fine AlpsThermals,cmx

I have fond no CumulusX on the C drive.

I had somtimes that it was activated, bad when i dit a nother fsx flight, it whont activate, and that from the biginning.

Maby mast i download a nother CumullusX ?

i dont no.

Its conviusing me, i do everetime the same thing, and cant find the problem.

Thanks for the help Peter, i hope you can see if there samtings missing ?

Greetings,

Gerard,

Dutch

Hello Peter,

Thanks for youre respons,

I can't send you a screenshot of my directry, i dont no how, and tell me not how i can't do it, becourse i dont understand that.

I have tride it whitt a other addon problem, bad no luck, sorry thats to difficult for me.

Its the same as what i type above, otherwise i had send you a screenshot.

i have tride manny times to make a screenshot for a nother addon, bad that dont work for me, sorry for that.

I am not a wischkid whitt my computer to do that things.

Bad, if you can't help me out whitt dis problem that stands above i understand that. am just not so computer smart to send you a screenshot off the problem, my fault. pfff have :mecry_s:

What i have seen on youtube is more then GREAT, :excellenttext_s: i hope you can help me out, am sorry that am so simple.

Greetings,

Gerard,

Dutch

Hello Gerard,

really sorry that it's so difficult. Anyway, let's try step by step.

First exit FSX and CumulusX!. Then start FSX again. Does CumulusX! appear in the taskbar? Yes/No.

Please tell me, then we'll take the next step.

Hello Peter,

Thanks for youre patience.

I start my fsx up whitt real envornement+overdrive ( thats makes fsx faster, and better look scenery ) i have in fsx Accelaration Pack installt, now i can fly whitt full scenery, whitout doos 2 i can't fly fsx whitout problems.

Wen i start fsx up whitt of whittout doos 2 CumulusX and WindX started automatic up. Autostart is on, smooth shadows wont on.

I have a Cumulus map, bad its emty.

Maby am to fast now ?

Thanks Peter, i hope it works this way ?

Greetings,

Gerard

Dutch

Hi Gerard,

maybe too fast, a bit.

Now, when CumulusX! is running open its main window by clicking its icon on the taskbar. Then select its menu item Help/About. An info window will appear similar to the attached one.

Does it show in the indicated area, that CumulusX! is licensed to you? (Yes/No)

post-24548-0-44574600-1425582341_thumb.j

Ok, CumulusX! does not find the license files.

Now open the e-mail with your license information and open the archive License.zip.

It contains a few files, only License.bin and License.txt are relevant.

Extract these two files into the directory D:\...here your FSX installation directory...\Modules\CumulusX!

Then double-click CumulusX.exe in the same directory and check Help/About again.

Hello Peter,

Can you let me see how the CumulusX map looks after installing the good files to activation CumulusX ?

I have try the files in to Cumulus, bad thats not working.

This is my CumulusX map,

b21_vario

Manual

sim_probe

WinchX

AutoThermalsOnly.cmx

Beginner.cmx

CumulusXDLL.dll

Default.cmx

Difficult.cmx

FineAlpsThermals.cmx And i have try the,

License.bin License.bin

mimetype manifest.

Not Working

I dont no Peter, i'll try and i try, i do samthing rong here, bad i dont no what

Hello Peter,

YESSSS

I have CumulusX activated in my FSX :excellenttext_s:

I have read the Cumulusx forum manny times, bad the solution stands in rocky's toppic.

I have not try to fly yet, bad i will now.

Thanks for youre help and waking me up, its so simple as ai am :excellenttext_s:

So now i can sleep again, hahaha pfff stupit me :mallet_s:

Thanks Peter :excellenttext_s:

Well, Thanks Peter, am happy now.

I have flo the DiscusX whitt Cumulus X bad i have not fond anny lift yet for mountain soaring, bad i will find it out how i can.

Goodday, and Greetings Peter, and Thanks for the HELP :excellenttext_s:

First set up a decent wind perpendicular to the ridge. You have to go to the "Advanced Weather" dialogue. The simple dialogue sets only surface wind relative to the nearest weather station, which may be way below you.

Thanks Peter,

I mast now lurn to juse the advance weather to get mounten soaring, i fly for manny jears on fsx weather.

i have now flow 6 times in the mountens of the switserlands, bad can't stay above the mountens, no lift and birds at all for me there.

Thanks for telling me Peter, i go and find it out how i can stay above the mountens :excellenttext_s:

Thanks for the great HELP you given me, all the time, you have make my day today :excellenttext_s:

Greetings,

Gerard,

Dutch

Archived