AES 2.38 is available now

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Aerosoft

Hello Jure,

thanks for investigating! We will have a look at that and if this brings us (Oliver) on the right track i'm sure we can help you out with a new aes credit pack ! ;)

Jonas

You're welcome, Jonas! I'm glad this temporary solution works for both sims! :cheers_s::)

I used "Filemon" (a lifesaver more than once!) and monitored everything that got loaded into the sim. Three times, everything stopped when the said .BGL was loaded. I went and looked and the file had zero length. After deleting it all was well.

Why Nice gets loaded into the sim every time? I have no clue, our simulator(s) work in mysterious ways... B):)

Regards,

Jure

Jure, contact us on support@aerosoft.com and we'll get you a free set of AES credits, great work

Great to see Aerosoft showing their appreciation……now Jure ….you wouldn't also know how to stretch a tow bar by any chance? :D

Jure, contact us on support@aerosoft.com and we'll get you a free set of AES credits, great work

Mathijs,

thank you very much indeed, sir! Mail sent. Never too many AES credits... :)

Great to see Aerosoft showing their appreciation……now Jure ….you wouldn't also know how to stretch a tow bar by any chance? :D

LOL, Ed... sorry... the towbar remains as is for the time being :)

Regards,

Jure

• Developer

Hi,

sorry for that issue, the file gets damaged (0-Bytes) sometimes on the way between 2.37 and making the upload for 2.38. I did not change it, so no idea why and when it happens.

I have post a fix with the correct file in the first post: http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/92765-aes-238-is-available-now/#entry661535

When you replace the buggy one in both folders, the FS should start normal.

Jure is one of the FS's most iconic simmers. :hi_s:

I've had a lot of great behind-the-scenes conversations with him in my FS2004 times.

Great to see you here again, my friend, as well as your immortal avatar!

He is da man and definitley deserves some credtis and kudos to Mathijs for having done it.

Thanks for a fast fix, I was having hot flashes here, as usual I did a bunch of stuff in rapid succession, AES upgrade was one of them...

Phew...

• Developer

CYYZ didnt work ! after AES aktiv 2.38 !

best regards

What did you mean with "didnt work"?

Can't you activate the airport, because he is not seen as installed?

Sorry

but I don't think the problem its fixed, I have it since I had installed the last AES version, prior the fix and still having it. Saying again, the fix doesnt fixed my issue and my FSX was running with 0 problems before.

Can someone please post exactly the details if he has solved the problem, please exactly step by step.

The last thing to do is to complete remove this file and see what will happen!

Thanks in advance

EDIT

OK I think I fixed it.

I couldnt find if I had LFMN installed first because I couldnt run FSX second because I have a ton off sceneries. Finnally I found LFMN do replaced both files and everything seems to be OK again.

Thanks for the prompt fix gentlemen!

Regards,

Bill

Christian85, Apply the fix (above) and CYYZ will work! It was the first airport I went to and it also didn't work but this fix makes it good. Trust me!

Hi guys, two quick questions as I am considering getting AES:

1) is there a forum/request place where we can request to be considered for airport additions? Interested in the recently released KTNP for twentynine palms :)

2) how dos the credit registration system work when we uninstall/update/etc the program?? Will my credits still be registered somewhere? (Or do I need to be online for the check or something?)

Thanks!!

• Deputy Sheriffs

1) see the 2nd pinned topic in this section and read the first post in this topic!!!

2) Yes, credits will still be applied to the same airports. But no need to uninstall AES, and when updating, simply run the new installer over the existing installation

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi

I'm not sure if this has been flagged already but since installing 2.38 all of my 04-01 Container Loader Medium repainted textures no longer work. Only the original textures will work.

Has this vehicle been changed? Even if I install a new repaint it just appears all white with no texture.

Rich

• 2 weeks later...
  • Developer

Hi

I'm not sure if this has been flagged already but since installing 2.38 all of my 04-01 Container Loader Medium repainted textures no longer work. Only the original textures will work.

Has this vehicle been changed? Even if I install a new repaint it just appears all white with no texture.

Rich

No,

there has nothing changed and I have checked it, all works fine here. Please try to delete all files in the folder <FS>\Aerosoft\AES\CFG and start and stop AESHelp once to recreate them.

And check that the Texture naming is correct, as you can find it in the Repaints PDF in the AES Main folder

Hi Oliver

Thanks for your reply. I am glad to say the deleting of the files in the CFG folder worked.

Very strange - it may have been earlier this problem occurred with a previous update but as I do not fly many heavies I would not have noticed.

Many thanks

Rich

• OPabst locked and unpinned this topic

Archived